Lowering Springs

JPKII

It's just me...
Reaction score
I want to add a set of lowering springs to ditch the off road look.

I want a very subtle drop maybe 1" to 1.5". I want to avoid CC plates, and hurting weight transfer at the strip. I know I'll sacrifice a little transfer but I can accept that.

What would you recommend??

I want to do this before I get the front end aligned from the header install. This will also be a good opportunity to check the torque on all the bolts.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Reaction score
i used steeda progressive rates. i also went with adj. shocks, rides nice.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
Reaction score
H&R race springs, looks the best IMO. Oh and Joe the X pipe sounds great, thanks again!

astippich

Reaction score
My tuner up here in wisconsin still had a set of kenny brown springs left last I talked to him. Brand new. These give the perfect drop IMO.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
I am happy with my Steeda springs.... I was told the C/C plates weren't really necessary, but I put em on anyways.

Still launches pretty good at the track too! :D

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
I love my H&R Super Sports...I don't know how much they hurt the drag-racing performance, but the drop is worth it!!! I'd never get anything else!

-Mike

JPKII

It's just me...
Reaction score
Man, we run the entire gamut here!! LOL. So of all who posted, who is running CC plates with their springs?

JPKII

It's just me...
Reaction score
How about cutting stock springs? I've read a fair amount on other boards about this. I've got the procedure down but what are the real world results. Has anyone hear actually done this? How did it work out?

The Pun

Topify Guy
Reaction score
I am running MM 4 bolt CC plates with Kenny Brown Springs.

Once it is in I will take some pics.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
JPKII said:
Man, we run the entire gamut here!! LOL. So of all who posted, who is running CC plates with their springs?
I have the Steeda 4 bolt C/C plates & the Steeda Sport springs.

cobraj

Reaction score
10th03cobra said:
Kenne Brown's going on this week.
Post some pics, speed inc is doing mine the first week in april.

BIGONTS

Reaction score
H&R Sport's here. :headbang: Very popular for 03-04 Cobra owners. I waited 3 months because they were on back order but it was totally worth it. Great ride and you don't get that slammed ricer look.

Check out what Maximum Motorsports (well respected suspension company) have to say about H&R springs for 03-03 Cobras: http://maximummotorsports.com/HRsprings.asp You might want to give them a call and see why they only recommend the Race Springs. I ordered mine from them and they said both work fine.

How much is Speed Inc. charging you? They are a piece of cake to put in.

SN65

Reaction score
I have MM CC plates and their coil over setup (all 4 corners). The stance is compeltely adjustable and moving the spring axis outboard increses the mechanical advantage allowing you to achieve the same performance while running a more compliant spring.

My situation is a bit different than yours, but the same basic principles apply.

I am running 1 3/4 degree negitive camber and 7 degrees positive caster with 1/8" toe out on the front. On the rear I am running 1/2 degree negative camber and 1/8" toe in.

Rides firm but not harsh. Handles like it is on rails.

Bob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom