• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lower Pully Question

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
The main inside hub that comes with the kit and mounts too the crank does not center itself on the crank pulley. It mounts flat and parallel like it should but when you start the motor you can see it moves a like a cam, loping. Before I did this I read a lot of posts and somewhere one said (can't find it now) that you need to be careful and ease this hub on because it fits snug on the inside lip of the crank pulley. Mine just went on plus had lots of play as well. So that's what I mean by self centering, Or do you have to center it yourself.:dunno:

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
The main inside hub that comes with the kit and mounts too the crank does not center itself on the crank pulley. It mounts flat and parallel like it should but when you start the motor you can see it moves a like a cam, loping. Before I did this I read a lot of posts and somewhere one said (can't find it now) that you need to be careful and ease this hub on because it fits snug on the inside lip of the crank pulley. Mine just went on plus had lots of play as well. So that's what I mean by self centering, Or do you have to center it yourself.:dunno:

I didnt notice this problem with mine. I just bolted the pulley ring to the hub and that was all.

The problem I had was the belt riding on the very outside of the idler pulley that mounts down by the crank. I have to use a washer to shim it out to put the belt more towards the center of the pulley.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I got it, took a while but I'm at about .0005 runout right now. That's pretty good for a 8"+ dia. ring. It was at .0223 when I checked it after I first put it on.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

NOW IT"S TIME TO PLAY
This shouldn't be necessary.
I have yet to have this problem.
Looks like Metco is getting pretty sloppy.
The hub should fit tight enough to locate itself on the crank.
Initally they were powder coated and the coating had to be cleaned to allow the hub to slide onto the crank, but apparently, with the plain hubs, this is no longer an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info