• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Loud Ticking!!!!

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
It may also be that the clearance on the rotors has been screwd up or the bearings, take the belt off the blower then you can spin the blower by hand slowly to see if it grinds or binds up at all. if so I think steggy rebuilds them pretty cheap under 300 or so.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Could also be the plastic coupling between the nose and rotor gears. Once the belt is off, gently spin the pulley back and forth and see how much slop there is before you feel it spin the rotors. I just put a new coupling in mine and there is no slop what so ever, and the old one had a lot.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
You might still qualify for an 80/20 warranty deal if you can get a mod friendly dealer to honor it. I got mine fixed that way, where I paid 20% and the dealer picked up the rest. I think it's 5 years 50m miles? Not sure.

I was over my 36 months, but NOT 36M miles. I don't remember, but I hope it's available for you.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Sounds like the head tick, the car will run fine just tick.

The engine needs to be removed to pull the heads (per ford) but you can remove the heads w/ stock heads bolts NOT STUDS!

Updated heads are around $1500 a pair w/o core charge

Head gaskets are $100 per side

APR studs are $250 a pair...

Plus labor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info