• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Loud Ticking!!!!

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Check your spark plugs. Cliff's car had a bad tick just before one of his spark plug blew out. I heard this, it sounded just like the famous engine tick.

Cliff, I am surprised that you didn't remember this.....

John

Dout its my problem cause i put my ear to everything. I never heard anything from those covers. It is worth a shot. I will check tomorrow.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Sounds like the head tick, the car will run fine just tick.

The engine needs to be removed to pull the heads (per ford) but you can remove the heads w/ stock heads bolts NOT STUDS!

Updated heads are around $1500 a pair w/o core charge

Head gaskets are $100 per side

APR studs are $250 a pair...

Plus labor

I am going to wait until I need too. I will sweet it this season and worry about it during winter when there is a ton of down time for the car. Thanks for the info.:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info