Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Now Im just trying to figure out if whats going on on the island is real or whats going on in the real world is real :rofl:

I do like seeing the "what would have happened" going on right now...and everyone still meeting up.

Also, Kate getting all googly eyes for Sawyer...again...come on...really? Jack is the the main character of this show. WISE UP KATE

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My wife literally cried at the end of it. We all got together and had a viewing party. Everyone else got up, a bit shocked and there she was, sobbing. God I love her.

To this day I think the ending kind of blew… You were expecting answers to so many of the show's mysteries but they never came. Instead they just started asking a bunch of new questions in the beginning of season 6 and only answered those questions.

I need to dig up my pictures from 2010… I spent my entire honeymoon running around the island looking at filming locations. On the morning we were set to leave I went to go take a hike in the middle of the island. On the way out I got to talking with the guy that owned the restaurant on site and he told me that shows filmed there. So he walks me up to the restaurant which was the face of the Hydra station in the show and then tells me to look down… and there in all their glory were the two cages that Sawyer and Jack were in in season 3. Upon closer inspect there were still Dharma logos on the building. It was such a badass accidental find.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The ending itself, I agree, left far more questions than it answered. I think they basically gave up trying to answer them b/c they let the story get SO out of control.

But when everyone started remembering, it was pulling at my strings. And then like I said, when the dog came and laid down, I definitely teared up.

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Finally finished the show. I thought it was great until season 5 and then it finally picked back up around season 6, half way through. I thought the ending was ok but I didn't shed a tear. I thought I was confused but did some research to back up my thoughts. I watched seasons 1-4 really fast but then 5 came around and it probably took me about 3 months to finish the last two. I just wasn't into it near the end. Great show, highly recommend it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I remember the ending being a let down, but was also slightly confused. Was the off island time when they started to remember and assemble a sort of purgatory?

Yes.

When they were all in their alternate lives towards the end, and finally gather in the church thats when they are moving on.

the reason the last scene is of the plane wreckage on the island is to show that the island did exist, and the plane did crash there.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I enjoyed it. My dad told me about the ending but after seeing it, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. However, I only caught a couple episodes here and there because Megan kept watching it at home until she only watched the final season when she would come over.

Think I might have to watch ALL of it at some point. I enjoyed what I did watch. Especially Kate.

Merciful jesus.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought it was ok...wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but the first few seasons were entertaining as hell!

The thing I liked most about the ending was what I posted a few posts up about the dog, that hit me really hard and I suspect it will be even more difficult this viewing.

I'm hoping I get more out of it this viewing and can connect a few more dots, etc.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Seriously, she's my 10.

nofucks

I think you're gonna love her even more now -

Lilly received wide-scale media attention for her beliefs regarding feminism expressed in a 2014 interview with The Huffington Post: "I'm very proud of being a woman, and as a woman, I don't even like the word feminism because when I hear that word, I associate it with women trying to pretend to be men, and I'm not interested in trying to pretend to be a man."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info