Loss of power issue

Rebel

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while, life in the mountains taking up all my free time.

Yesterday driving home, I experienced some issues on my commute. My wrx had trouble accelerating, and I was hearing a good amount of atmospheric release coming from somewhere between my intake and turbo I assume. Driving under low load, I didn't seem to have too much issue to an extent but my boost does max at about 9 psi then drops to 4-6. RPMs also max out at about 3700. I can't reliably hold highway speeds.

I tried spraying soapy water to find any leaks with no luck. Any other suggestions? I'm limited on my tools but would like to avoid taking it in if I have to. I feel like it's probably a loose coupling or something simple.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Plugged catalyst would cause the Boost issue as well as not letting it rev over 3,700 RPM. a boost leak should not keep it from revving, if anything it would allow you to overspeed the turbo.

OP
R

Rebel

Reaction score
I have a catless set up if that makes a difference.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Have you messed with the factory piping? If you have, it's probably a loose clamp.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
Have you messed with the factory piping? If you have, it's probably a loose clamp.
that.
you may not find your leak unless it's in boost either. check all your clamps/connections for tightness and proper fitting

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
If its a recirculating bypass valve and was stuck open or not functioning properly you would hear the sounds from the intake.

OP
R

Rebel

Reaction score
It's been about 1.5-2 years since I've done any mods. Car threw a P0172 last night. Unable to find any loose couplings, or cracked hoses/ pipes. I'm just going to take it to a dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom