• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Loss in Fuel Economy

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I have a 2013 Focus that was averaging around 34-35MPG at about 320 miles to a tank. But lately, I've noticed it dipped down to about 30MPG and my last fil-up was under 300 miles. Whats causing this? Fuel system need cleaning, need new fuel filter, does the air filter have any effect?

Help me get my miles back!

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Has our fuel blend around here changed from winter to summer yet?
That's another thing I was thinking. Not sure if we've changed yet but I'll find out tomorrow.
How many miles on the air filter ? Also check to make sure your tire psi is at spec. .

I don't think my tpms sensors triggered the low psi light on the dash till my psi got down to about 22 psi.
AFAIK, it's the factory one but I could be wrong. Little over 50k miles. How often should these be changed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info