• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Looking to get a tune checked.. Breaking up under hard acceleration

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
Brief Update..

So yesterday afternoon, I had a few hours free, so I replaced the plugs, replaced the COP's, replaced the FRPS, Installed the KB Disc, and replaced the fuel filter. Started her up to check for leaks and all seemed fine, took her for a short drive and noticed a slight whine "not in boost" gave it a few RPMS and the whine increased with RPM speed. Car is usually on a charger when not in use, so when I got home put her back on the charger and checked this am and its still not charged... I am thinking I might have a charging issue..

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
Ok, after replacing the Alternator, with a 300amp Alternator, and a Optima Red Top Battery, Fuel Filter, COP's, FRPS, Plugs, and KB Disk, I took the car over to Modular Performance to check the tune... Turns out the tune was the issue, it seems all the mappings were off, not sure how that happened, as Bob K tuned it and put on 100 miles in 3 years and not changed anything...

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
The truth is, I would be like a monkey doing a math problem... Thats why I took it over and put it on the rollers, cause I would rather have someone who knew exactly what they were doing look at the tune.... I didnt want to hurt the motor, as the car only has 34xx on the clock...

I was hoping that I corrected the issue, as the battery did test marginal and there wasn't really a way to accurately test the alternator under WOT..

I wanted to make sure I took care of every option I could as I had to wait two weeks to get in at Modular Performance and them being as far away as they are from me I didnt want to go in and have them say that the alternator or the filer was bad...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info