đź‘‹ INTRO Looking for the history of 2000 GTP

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Haha what's with the ooh no.... about URLOSN?!? Lol. And ya I can't wait till it's running healthy will be fun. Me and a buddy are hoping to get it to 400 hp not sure if it's possible but thinking a smaller pulley and intercooler might get me there with current set up. ?‍♂️

If he was the guy with the GTO with G06 bumpers and a Camaro that liked to break down a lot, especially around crowded people while trying to show off, then yes. :rofl:

Once tuned up, you got a healthy car there. Just enjoy it.

Reactions: Cashler

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
If he was the guy with the GTO with G06 bumpers and a Camaro that liked to break down a lot, especially around crowded people while trying to show off, then yes. :rofl:

Once tuned up, you got a healthy car there. Just enjoy it.
Honestly all my questions have been answered really but just really found the history to be interesting and if it was the 500hp turbo people are saying it was I would love to see pictures and or videos of when it was turboed. Definitely going to enjoy it either way.

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
I don't remember Danny having that car. Sure changed alot of it was 1fast/shawns. What info are you looking to get from a previous owner? Sounds like you got a pretty good mod list.
Honestly all my questions have been answered really but just really found the history to be interesting and if it was the 500hp turbo people are saying it was I would love to see pictures and or videos of when it was turboed. Definitely going to enjoy it either way. Actually one question I just thought of is once it's been this modified does the performance shift button still serve a purpose? Seems like any time I turn it on and drive for a while it starts running worse.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Honestly all my questions have been answered really but just really found the history to be interesting and if it was the 500hp turbo people are saying it was I would love to see pictures and or videos of when it was turboed. Definitely going to enjoy it either way. Actually one question I just thought of is once it's been this modified does the performance shift button still serve a purpose? Seems like any time I turn it on and drive for a while it starts running worse.

I looked through my Facebook and didnt see any pictures of it under Shawns ownership. I have pictures of the car most likely but they are on a external hdd somewhere of mybackup of old pictures.

Reactions: Cashler

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Shauns car was ultra low mileage. Even 15 years later it is probably cleaner than that. I did a few things on Shawn's car, and none of that looks familiar. Not trying to knock on the OP's ride....but that motor looks like it's been underwater!

Also, wire nuts don't mix well with automotive. It's a big red flag those are on there. Might want to invest in a borescope too...scares me the engine "needs" a boost wrap idler with no IC.

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
Shauns car was ultra low mileage. Even 15 years later it is probably cleaner than that. I did a few things on Shawn's car, and none of that looks familiar. Not trying to knock on the OP's ride....but that motor looks like it's been underwater!

Also, wire nuts don't mix well with automotive. It's a big red flag those are on there. Might want to invest in a borescope too...scares me the engine "needs" a boost wrap idler with no IC.
I will look into that for sure. And the wire nuts I just put there just tinkering to try and get it running smoother and those wires were in real rough condition exposed and almost broken so it was a temp fix to see if a clean connection helped. Will be better spliced and shrink wrapped as soon as I get time to really dig in and clean all the wires back up.

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
Just confirmed through Danny Brizzolara and the Vin Danny still had that it was his car and he bought it from Shaun. Would love to just talk to Shaun if he wanted. Tell him to feel free to reach me on Facebook at Eric Cashler or my number is 765-461-7345
Actually just re read mine and Danny's conversation and he might not have bought it from Shawn. He just started that it was Shawn's at some point.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Found some pics of it on Shawns Facebook.

This was kinda the era when no one took pictures and posted them online or they are lost on a photobucket account.

1915407_1192536210531_306854_n.jpg

1915407_1192536130529_2566670_n.jpg

1915407_1192536250532_1193588_n.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Deja vu? Although it unfortunately looks like all of the photos are dead.

I read through that and the best part is M Mike K's hack for the preferred card at Jewel so the man doesn't know what you're buying :rofl: Mike K always a legend.

"Here's my little OT secret for those that are bent out of shape (like me!) about Jewel all of the sudden not using random preferred cards for customers that don't have them.

Go up to your local self checkout and ring up your product. Touch the "enter product key" button. It's enter product key or product code or some crap like that. Touch it... That's the point.

It will bring up a screen with numbers. Type "485********", the "*" being any number. Got that? 485 followed by any 8 numbers. Press enter... Machine says "preferred card accepted".

Now the man doesn't know just how much Sugar Free Rockstar energy drinks you're actually drinking... "

Thread Info