Looking for new job ASAP

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
I've filled out a few hundred apps in the past two moths still no call backs and a bunch of rejection letters I'm not looking for millions of dollars a year. I work as a inventory control clerk at my current job and it's a bunch of bs I'm more like the company bitch doing everyone's job not my own. Need help any good suggestion welcome. Thank you I'm in the Elgin il area willing to travel if the pay is worth it.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
I'm not sure of your situation, but if you're interested in a warehouse job in Wheeling (I work here) I can get you in.

Part-time, I would have to push hard for full time. Insurance would be decent

I work in a ware house now. They are shity employers most of the people I work with haven't had raises in 10+ years and I'm tired of their bull shit about money and that.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
We'll I'm not a felon. I have applied to placed looking for forklift driver which is what I do all day and and random stuff like janatorial job for the school district a couple mechanic jobs. I went to school for automotive I work on cars all the time yet I still can't find a damn career in the automotive field because of my appearance I'm a bigger person and that's all people look at I've been to hundreds of shop interviews and as soon as I leave the shop my app and stuff goes right in the trash I even had a ex manager tell me that he was told to throw it away because of my size I'm no trying to hop jobs I'm trying to get the job I deserve for how fucking hard I work I bust my ass at every job I've had I went from a csr at autozone to assistant store manager in 6 months because I bust my ass it's just the bullshits I wasn't even involved in that I had to resign my position the stupid district manager and regional manager didn't like me because of the person the hired me. Since then if been on the down word spiral to the pits of hell. Yea I know I'm not the smartest person and or the best looking but I will get the job done just as good if not better then some people. We'll if some one that is a resume wise wants to look at it I can forward it to you and you can look it over and let me know. Thanks

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The common denominator here for me seems to be your attitude.

So far every position you've found yourself in is everyone's fault but your own. Autozone? Got caught up in some stuff that wasn't your fault. Current job? Doing stuff that you don't think you should have to do. Getting a new job? People are discriminating against you for your size.

You sound really entitled. I wouldn't want to hire you. I have a feeling you exude this kind of entitlement when you're dealing with people and it turns them off.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
External Applicants | Argonne National Laboratory

custodial position where I work. this is only a temporary assignment, but they will keep you on permanent if they like your work. I believe it's 14ish/hr pay

Thanks I will apply do you want me to put you down for telling me about the position. Let me have someone check over my resume to make sure I'm not making myself look bad before I even hit the door.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
The common denominator here for me seems to be your attitude.

So far every position you've found yourself in is everyone's fault but your own. Autozone? Got caught up in some stuff that wasn't your fault. Current job? Doing stuff that you don't think you should have to do. Getting a new job? People are discriminating against you for your size.

You sound really entitled. I wouldn't want to hire you. I have a feeling you exude this kind of entitlement when you're dealing with people and it turns them off.

We'll I'm sorry you feel that way I don't try to come of as I'm better them you kind of person i just know what I see and hear.
And I'm pretty sure I don't know if any one that has ever ment me would say I am that kind of person I just want to prove myself and I have to many people and usually get shut down for it which sucks.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We'll I'm sorry you feel that way I don't try to come of as I'm better them you kind of person i just know what I see and hear.
And I'm pretty sure I don't know if any one that has ever ment me would say I am that kind of person I just want to prove myself and I have to many people and usually get shut down for it which sucks.

People that know you are often those that are most dishonest with you about your shortcomings. I don't know you from Adam so I have no preconceived notions about you or your personality. So in that respect, I'd probably listen to the advise of strangers over your friends for something like this. If you are coming across to employers like you're coming across in this post I suspect that's your problem.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if your resume portrays the grammar and spelling you've used in your above posts, I can almost guarantee its your resume holding you back. I'd look into getting someone with proper English skills to re-do it for you, whether its a friend or you have it done professionally.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
People that know you are often those that are most dishonest with you about your shortcomings. I don't know you from Adam so I have no preconceived notions about you or your personality. So in that respect, I'd probably listen to the advise of strangers over your friends for something like this. If you are coming across to employers like you're coming across in this post I suspect that's your problem.

Ok we'll then give me some pointer then I don't know what else to do I just try to be myself usually.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if your resume portrays the grammar and spelling you've used in your above posts, I can almost guarantee its your resume holding you back. I'd look into getting someone with proper English skills to re-do it for you, whether its a friend or you have it done professionally.

Noted I will have my brother look it over. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info