Looking for new job ASAP

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ok we'll then give me some pointer then I don't know what else to do I just try to be myself usually.

Well I can't see what you're doing wrong so I can't offer specific advise, just general. But I wouldn't mention anything bad about previous jobs or try to answer any questions about them that people haven't already asked. If you start explaining why you left Autozone before you're asked that's going to be perceived as defensive and it's going to be suspect.

Likewise if you talk negatively about your current job or your job hunt. People don't generally listen to what you're saying but listen to your attitude, how you approach situations that happen to you, etc. If I'm sitting in front of someone who's problems are all the result of other people I can assume that they're going to have issues taking responsibility.

Again though, this is all just general. I think the first thing to do is have that resume looked at. You can't speak to anyone if you're not getting your foot in the door with a good resume.

ukevo8

Kitty
Jun 3, 2007
elgin
Well I can't see what you're doing wrong so I can't offer specific advise, just general. But I wouldn't mention anything bad about previous jobs or try to answer any questions about them that people haven't already asked. If you start explaining why you left Autozone before you're asked that's going to be perceived as defensive and it's going to be suspect.

Likewise if you talk negatively about your current job or your job hunt. People don't generally listen to what you're saying but listen to your attitude, how you approach situations that happen to you, etc. If I'm sitting in front of someone who's problems are all the result of other people I can assume that they're going to have issues taking responsibility.

Again though, this is all just general. I think the first thing to do is have that resume looked at. You can't speak to anyone if you're not getting your foot in the door with a good resume.

I completely understand and I dont mean to talk negative about anything but when you have went threw as much crap as one person can handle in a short time and not get ahead but keep falling back into a deep dark hole where no one will help or even notice you we'll it's that stuff that makes me negative I can tell you for a fact I loved my old jobs it was unforeseen circumstances that happen. Oh we'll I will change my attitude and see where it goes from there

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If your getting interviews but not moving past them get some professional interview books, and never say anything negative in an interview about anything ever, everything must stay positive even if it's talking about a negative event you need to make the outcome sound like it ended up going good, in layman terms you bend the truth to make you sound like a bad ass, don't fabricate credentials tho, I've helped a few people land 100+k a year jobs based off my interview practices, if your not getting interviews at all then go back over the resume like suggested

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info