Looking for landscaper

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Good luck. So far they've been he flakiest profession I've ever seen.

Contacted at least ten of them to quote a job for me as soon as they can start laying sod...

It's been two weeks and I have one quote. A bunch of no shows, and a bunch of people never even returning the call.

I guess they're pulling in those Eagle stacks and don't have to work....

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Good luck. So far they've been he flakiest profession I've ever seen.

Contacted at least ten of them to quote a job for me as soon as they can start laying sod...

It's been two weeks and I have one quote. A bunch of no shows, and a bunch of people never even returning the call.

I guess they're pulling in those Eagle stacks and don't have to work....

That's landscaping for you. I've encountered the same thing.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
We've called few places and so far one guy called back and actually showed up. He quoted me $2k just for the gravel removal (no soil or sod). I'm leaning toward doing it myself...I know my back will probably explode but will save some $$$...for the fence we need :rofl:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Trying to get some yard work done, removing approx. 450 sq/ft of compacted gravel/dirt 6in deep to be exact. Used to be a garage driveway, I'd love to lay some sod in there instead.
Let me know if you can recommend anyone or know somebody in that field of work.
Thanks.
I can talk to my buddy who does it too see if he is interested.
Where in Chgo?
Are you planning on pulling a permit if required?

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
I can talk to my buddy who does it too see if he is interested.
Where in Chgo?
Are you planning on pulling a permit if required?

Cool, let me know what he says. I'm in Brookfield actually. If permit will be required I'll get one, inspectors here are a joke.

Not sure why I got permits for all other jobs hehe. Got the garage inspected not too long ago, did electrical on the down low with my buddy - they didn't even ask about it.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
get yourself a dumpster, someone here has to have a skid steer they would rip all that gravel out with in 30 minutes, have a couple yards of top soil and sod delivered

Yep, that was my other option. Dumpster is like 450 though and I'll need maybe 1/3-1/2 of the gravel for patio base so not sure if it's worth it. I can always craigslist the rest. If someone can chime in with any machinery that can be used, it would be awesome.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Got an appointment for a guy tomorrow... We'll see if he shows up.

I don't know if other trades are like this but these contractors are brutal.... LOL

Thought about doing it myself but after the rental of the dingo and all the attachments, trucks of soil, sod, mulch, etc. I'm guessing I'd be saving $750-1000 at the most.... Easier for me to pay that money and have it done in a day or two rather than me doing it during a week of vacation.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
My uncle is a landscape contractor, but I'd be afraid he's flaky too...I work with larger (probably more expensive) landscape contractors, and they've largely been very good. I use Countryside Industries right now, I've contracted with Apex landscapers as well with good results.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I got two quotes, one is for $4700 and one for $5700 for the yard... I think the more expensive price is because this guy would be using solid PVC instead of the cheap black corrugated pipe because I want them to run my downspouts to the back of the yard and far away from the house.

About what I expected actually. I was thinking between 4500 and 5000, between them doing the drainage stuff, putting down mulch, 480 sq. yards of sod, a few trucks worth of dirt, etc...

Wish I could go with seed but with two dogs constantly going out back I need the insta-lawn more than anything.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=447]radioguy6[/MENTION]

Contact Ringers. They speak english and reply to emails. They are reliable but I wouldnt say the cheapest. Not sure if they goto Schaumburg but for a big project I don't see why not.

Ringers Landscaping

FWIW They quoted me $200 to lay down sod over my garden. You probably remember how big that is.

Drop my name: They will send me referal money lol

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
[MENTION=447]radioguy6[/MENTION]

Contact Ringers. They speak english and reply to emails. They are reliable but I wouldnt say the cheapest. Not sure if they goto Schaumburg but for a big project I don't see why not.

Ringers Landscaping

FWIW They quoted me $200 to lay down sod over my garden. You probably remember how big that is.

Drop my name: They will send me referal money lol

I was just going to text you for your landscapers name, thanks buddy. I'll tell them you sent me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info