Looking for IT / Networking / Information Security job

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have not but it's a cool idea.

i dunno about fucked environment. in my prior role as a sales engineer i had to go into places where our technology was used but shops failed to take any advantage of any best practices techniques to apply it - they are very simple to learn and implement yet they didn't do it. i'd spend my time educating them which often would not result in much either, until then doing free consulting, partially to keep them happy but really for the hope of a sale of a bigger/newer box some time. it wasn't the most fun having to untangle stuff, particularly when it was complex to fix. rebuild a table, not bad. rebuild a process or poor design of a set of tables, echhhh....

current job i have been handed keys to the kingdom and things are just starting. i get to dictate everything and anything submit must come through me. i will be running one of the tightest ships this technology has ever seen. i've written queries so that it will tell me ideas for how to improve itself, which change dynamically as the system is used differently. i'm excited to have a system that will only kick ass because i will make it so that's the only mode it ever lives in. that is if they keep me on board, they have changed to letting me work remotely anywhere in the world to letting me work remotely anywhere in the US. my stance on that hasn't changed...

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
[MENTION=5218]cap42[/MENTION], that would be ideal. I don't mind starting in a helpdesk or NOC-style position and moving up as I gain more experience. I just need to get my foot in the door somewhere.

Shoot me your resume, we have 5 open positions and I just got approval from one of my biggest clients to add another full time resource.

[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info