Looking for advise w/ 2013 f150 purchase

inthebagracing

Regular
May 12, 2010
I'm specing out a new 2013 Ford F 150 FX4 with ecoboost and the 402A package with premium 20" wheels and sunroof. I intend on contacting a minimum of 3 dealers to find the lowest pricing before incentives and TTL. So far I've contacted and test drove with one dealer. They seem to be pushing me to buy a 2012 with more incentives and BS but each 2012 they show me has something I don't like about it. :ugh: So onto the questions I have....

1) What dealers in the Chicagoland area have others had a good buying experience at? Anyone have a specific salesman they recommend?

2) Is it worth it to go with the factory installed spray in bed liner or DIY later on?

3) Am I being too picky by wanting a 2013 vs a 2012? I Find it hard to believe I cant get a 2013 in the same out the door price range.

Thanks for the help all.
- Ed

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
If you can find a 2012 that you like go for it. You will save tons compared to ordering a new 2013. The only major updates on the 2013 is the Ford MyTouch system, factory projection HID option and a different Grille that I know of.

Talk to John as said above. Awesome guy!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I own a 2012 f150 ecoboost lariat xlt. Its basically a platinum without the dumb running boards, rear seat heat and glowing cup holders.

I have the Sony sound, touch navi, sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, etc. The truck is awesome. I got a hard tonneau and Linex installed before delivery.

Great truck for sure. Unless you're REALLY wanting a 13 I'd find a 12.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I own a 2012 f150 ecoboost lariat xlt. Its basically a platinum without the dumb running boards, rear seat heat and glowing cup holders.

I have the Sony sound, touch navi, sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, etc. The truck is awesome. I got a hard tonneau and Linex installed before delivery.

Great truck for sure. Unless you're REALLY wanting a 13 I'd find a 12.

No rear seat heater????...Junk.............lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info