Looking for advise w/ 2013 f150 purchase

inthebagracing

Reaction score
I'm specing out a new 2013 Ford F 150 FX4 with ecoboost and the 402A package with premium 20" wheels and sunroof. I intend on contacting a minimum of 3 dealers to find the lowest pricing before incentives and TTL. So far I've contacted and test drove with one dealer. They seem to be pushing me to buy a 2012 with more incentives and BS but each 2012 they show me has something I don't like about it. :ugh: So onto the questions I have....

1) What dealers in the Chicagoland area have others had a good buying experience at? Anyone have a specific salesman they recommend?

2) Is it worth it to go with the factory installed spray in bed liner or DIY later on?

3) Am I being too picky by wanting a 2013 vs a 2012? I Find it hard to believe I cant get a 2013 in the same out the door price range.

Thanks for the help all.
- Ed

svtlightning00

Reaction score
go talk to the beast John on here he is a great guy. i would buy from him.

Aircal

Reaction score
2012 if left, should be way lower than a 2013. To most consumers minds it's a year old already.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Do a 2012. I don't know what the big differences are but a new 2012 would be they way I'd go.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
If you can find a 2012 that you like go for it. You will save tons compared to ordering a new 2013. The only major updates on the 2013 is the Ford MyTouch system, factory projection HID option and a different Grille that I know of.

Talk to John as said above. Awesome guy!

inthebagracing

Reaction score
Alright I'll get ahold of John. From what I read the FMIC was also updated on the 2013 model. Apparently the prior design had some problems with condensation build up.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I own a 2012 f150 ecoboost lariat xlt. Its basically a platinum without the dumb running boards, rear seat heat and glowing cup holders.

I have the Sony sound, touch navi, sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, etc. The truck is awesome. I got a hard tonneau and Linex installed before delivery.

Great truck for sure. Unless you're REALLY wanting a 13 I'd find a 12.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes pm me and thanks for your support guys

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hit up Rod Baker Ford in Plainfield. I know it's a drive but I got a pretty good deal on my Mustang back in November.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I bought my Escape from Rob Baker, the seem pretty good plus I know most of the service dept.

Aircal

Reaction score
I own a 2012 f150 ecoboost lariat xlt. Its basically a platinum without the dumb running boards, rear seat heat and glowing cup holders.

I have the Sony sound, touch navi, sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, etc. The truck is awesome. I got a hard tonneau and Linex installed before delivery.

Great truck for sure. Unless you're REALLY wanting a 13 I'd find a 12.

No rear seat heater????...Junk.............lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom