• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Looking for advice...

Fouled Plug

Regular
Sep 2, 2013
So a couple of months ago I traded off the car in my signature for a mustang. As I'm changing things to my liking I ended up changing the edelbrock carb out for a holley. Anyways I notice some porting marks in the intake runners (turned out to be a gasket match..ish) so to figure out what I was working with exactly (the head studs had me concerned) I stripped down the top half of the motor. Turns out its a .060 over 289.

So with that out of the way, I have a couple of questions....

What are some easy ways to gain some power out of this engine? I was thinking of obtaining some gt40 heads
(not gt40p) because I think I'll have issues between the tri-y headers and spark plug angles.

What would be a good off the shelf cam for a set of stock heads?

Its a .060 over 289 with a c4 trans. The gears are weak 3.00? In an 8" rear. I will be spraying.

Thanks.

Please don't tell me to LS swap it, I'm already having issues trying not to do that. Plus I don't want to take away from the value with a swap like that. (68 mustang)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info