Looking for a reputable marine engine builder

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I’m looking to throw a new motor in my checkmate this year, big block Chevy something in the 600-800hp range pump gas, I’ve been looking at blueprint crate motors some, also white performance marine engines, looking to spend 10-15k shoot me some more suggestions for companies to look at

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Those are some serious HP numbers! Both the shops listed have some competitive pricing on engines.
What type of outdrive you using?
Currently just a bravo 1 with 500ish hp the boat tq’s to the side so hard when you try to jam the throttle I’m not too worried about snapping a drive it’s a finesse till about 50 then you can lay it down a little harder, I also have a drive guy for when I blow it up

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
After doing some more research it looks like white performance has ripped off a bunch of people in the last couple years, I like the idea of the blueprint motor there’s a lot of bang for the buck, also I’m not sure if tall deck exhaust ports are the same pattern as standard deck of I have to buy new headers that would kind of suck

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
There are 3 I would trust to build me a high dollar big power NA big block.

Jeff Harris is a great recommendation.

Tyler Crockett is in Ruby Michigan.

Eddie Young, Young Performance is outside of Nashville. He doesn't have a website but does have a FB page.

Reactions: 1quick and Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
There are 3 I would trust to build me a high dollar big power NA big block.

Jeff Harris is a great recommendation.

Tyler Crockett is in Ruby Michigan.

Eddie Young, Young Performance is outside of Nashville. He doesn't have a website but does have a FB page.

All good recommendations.

Reactions: Jon01
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info