Looking for a new bike. Motorcycle guys step in.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Doesn't matter what you ride man. Just that you ride. (y)

Just have the Street Glide and the KTM. Sold everything else when I bought the Glide.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1MEANGT

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Outlaw Outlaw look at the xsr700 if you like that retro style or the t7 if you want an adventure bike.

That 700 twin from yamaha is a blast. More fun that the 900 or my fz1 I had to be honest. You can actually use all the power on the street without going triple digits in 30 feet.

Oh.... Yeah I like that.

This is exactly why I made this thread. I know what I like, I just don't know what my options are.

Something like this compared to an SCR950 would differ in what ways? These almost seem a bit sportier?

img.jpg

Reactions: 1MEANGT

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Retro style bikes are where it's at. All modern engine/suspension/brake tech with the classic looks. The z900rs I bought gets better every time I ride it

View attachment 86902

I love the retro stuff. I'd probably end up buying an actual retro bike if I didn't want to deal with the upkeep that comes along with it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
XSR700/MT07 over the scr all day. Sportier ride and 25hp more than the scr950.

And assuming the XSR700 sounds like that MT07 I saw earlier (which I know it will, same engine) then I'm sold. Finding one in my budget might be the tricky part, however. But if it ends up being something I'll actually like and use, I'll pay up.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Oh.... Yeah I like that.

This is exactly why I made this thread. I know what I like, I just don't know what my options are.

Something like this compared to an SCR950 would differ in what ways? These almost seem a bit sportier?

View attachment 86901
Yeah the XSR will shit all over the SCR In everyway. The SCR is just a bolt with scrambler styling. So the XSR will have better suspension, better brakes, liquid cooling, more comfort, etc. And yeah it will sound the same as a MT/FZ 07. Just gotta tune and exhaust and the bike will be a riot.

Reactions: Outlaw

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Agreed, the 2020 color combo is better.

You got me looking at used Monsters (again), which there aren’t many in the area. That led me down the road to new Monsters, and I found they have a new model, basically called the Monster (and Monster Plus) which has power numbers the same as my 600 track bike, but a much larger range to use the power in. Has me thinking about getting one. 937cc, 111 HP, ~70 ft lbs of torque. My 600 is 115hp and 40 ft lbs, but doesn’t make peak power till almost 14,000rpm (goes to 16,500).

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
The XSR 700 is a nice bike. If you're willing to be up at that price range, you should also look at the Svartpilen or Vitpilen 701. Basically a direct competitor to the XSR 700 and MT-07, but lighter weight with a bit more power.
Head to Head drag race:

They are discontinued after 2020 (will be a 801 next), and the leftovers have drastically slashed prices. MSRP of $11,9, reduced to $7,9 (including the setup/freight fee). They've got 2 still up at Rob's Performance in Johnson Creek, WI.

The back side number plate is removable also.

PHO_BIKE_90_RE_svartpilen-701-my20-90-rechts-hqv_%23SALL_%23AEPI_%23V1.png

Reactions: 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info