Looking for a new bike. Motorcycle guys step in.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Save up. Get a Vrod. Of the 5 bikes I’ve owned two were vrods. 1250cc, forward controls, high revving, and hard highway pulls. Could prob find an 1130cc in your budget but miles will be high.

Was just never a huge fan of the styling of them to be honest. I had a 103ci Dyna, and that’s probably what I would buy if I was going that route again. The budget is also moreso about putting a “value” on the hobby. If I have a $4,000 bike that will lose maybe a grand in value over the next five years, I don’t feel bad if it sits for a month while I’m busy. One thing I’ve learned having nice things and not so nice things is if I don’t use the shit out of something I don’t want to pay much for it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
What is this thing? I kinda like it. It’s a Yamaha, looking for the model.

02FDE04C-61A0-4101-BA0C-C8EF106DCAAD.jpeg

Reactions: RedBeard

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I've never been a fan of the anemic parallel twins, but the inline-triples can be some fun (i.e. Triumph Speed Triple). They have a great exhaust sound when they're uncorked.

Yeah usually twins suck, but the mt07 has that sweet 270* crank. That gives it a totally different feel/power band vs a standard twin.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
This one was the twin for sure. Sounded fucking wicked.
I absolutely LOVED my FZ-07 (later renamed to MT-07). Super light and nimble, was an amazing bike for my commute in the city. And yes that cross plane parallel twin sounds great with a pipe on it.

Was going to recommend one but based off what was being posted I thought you were looking for more the bobber/cruiser look.

3DD66726-DE90-4D9B-99CA-A5986CFAD75D.jpeg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I recently bought a 2020 KTM Adventure 390. It's a great little bike. Currently getting 62mpg, and I don't ride it gently. I hope to get out there with 1MEANGT 1MEANGT this year for a couple single track trips.

It's got surprising power for it's displacement, and it's really light and nimble. The cool dash and LED headlight are nice perks. The price tag was awesome too.

300mi on so far.

Looks pretty ridiculous next to Bricher's Harley though. :ROFLMAO:

20210309_173019.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I recently bought a 2020 KTM Adventure 390. It's a great little bike. Currently getting 62mpg, and I don't ride it gently. I hope to get out there with 1MEANGT 1MEANGT this year for a couple single track trips.

It's got surprising power for it's displacement, and it's really light and nimble. The cool dash and LED headlight are nice perks. The price tag was awesome too.

300mi on so far.

View attachment 86892

Oh damn gurl I like that. I guess I'm just scared I'm going to outgrow the smaller displacement bikes too quickly.

I went from "a 250cc is fine" to looking at liter bikes with the quickness.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

300mi on so far.

View attachment 86892
Congrats on the future Harley purchase :s00ls:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

300mi on so far.

View attachment 86892
Rottweiler performance is the go to, for all ktm and husky performance upgrades

Reactions: 1MEANGT and Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Oh damn gurl I like that. I guess I'm just scared I'm going to outgrow the smaller displacement bikes too quickly.

I went from "a 250cc is fine" to looking at liter bikes with the quickness.

My last bike was a mt/fz10. It was dumb. That's get ded power I couldn't trust myself with.

Bike before that was a ktm 500 exc-f, which even in motard dress, didn't do it for me.

This bike just feels more refined and surprisingly fast. I won't feel bad taking it out in the mud or dirt, and it's got all the features you'd want.

Factory Quickshifter+ add on is on order too. Up and down!

Reactions: 1MEANGT and Outlaw

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004

300mi on so far.

View attachment 86892

That thing looks like all sorts of fun man!!!

Reactions: Eagle

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I felt about 27 different kinds of inadequate the day I saw you and the boys at WHD :rofl: But hoping I still get a chance to get a trip with ya. What does your bike inventory look like nowadays?

Doesn't matter what you ride man. Just that you ride. (y)

Just have the Street Glide and the KTM. Sold everything else when I bought the Glide.

Reactions: Eagle
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info