Looking for a good machine shop...

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Thanks guys,
my buddy's dad has a race engine shop and is going to hook us up. Took the heads over on Sunday, the valves are ok and the heads are flat. He doubts it needs a valve job but will let me know if they do. we need to machine about 0.030" off each intake spring pocket for more coil bind clearance.

So i am good for now.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
TTT got the heads back together. Found one intake valve bent and it was replaced but now i have one intake leaking water when the intake runner in the head is filled with water.

Any advise? I am going to call the guys mentioned above to see what they say.

The machine shop i took them to, told me that all of the valve "suck up" or draw vacuum.

I found the intake valve leaking after i tore the heads down to add shims and i did not bother to leak test the valves first.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yar, I would send them out again and get a valve job done. After that I would make sure the machine shop decks them anyways because I will put all the money in my bank that those heads are out more than .005 from middle to end because that's the way it is. You should really find a reputable shop to do stuff like this (unless you can do it on your own) because stupid shit like that doesn't get done. Now you're out another week at least until another place actually fixes what's wrong like it should have been done in the first place.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Never mind, i found the problem....me.

I measured install height on everything with one set of hardware, assuming they were all the same. turns out they are not. not sure if the variability is in the retainer or the valve locks yet as i am still trying to figure it out. so, my bad and i am sorry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info