Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
a38dd723b2f96739b2e4ce7e01711b8d.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I took a chance and bought one of these. You won't find a better rated TV with more features for the money. My first one I had to return from dead pixel group, but the second one has been money. The built-in Roku with all the streaming channels is fantastic. I bought the 605 model from best buy, which doesn't have the voice control remote but otherwise is identical for less money.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have this exact tv, bought it back in feb for 500. Very satisfied. Great picture, even better price.

I have 2 6000 series 55 inch Samsungs that I bought during holiday blow-out sale events (both from Dell amusingly).

I have a 1080 that's 4.5 years old now in my bedroom, and a 4K in my living room that's 2.5 years old now.

Both have been 100% flawless since day 1, cannot recommend enough.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I've owned nothing but Samsung for the past like 12 years, about 4 or 5 of them. That 6300 TV i bought in Feb replaced my 10 year old Samsung plasma, which still looked fantastic, but i just wanted something different. Selling it paid for half of the new TV too, i think i got $250 bucks out of it.

Samsung makes great TVs for the price, never once had a problem with them.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Alternatively, this TV appears to be the model right beneath the one SMKE EM posted. It's in my Fry's e-mail promo code specials this week for $500. Was the same price at Best Buy on Black Friday, though Fry's had it as low as $450 about a month ago.

https://www.frys.com/search?query_string=9294999&nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding120317

And this appears to be above it by a few models and is curved. Just about everyone has it on sale for $598-$600 right now, but this week's promo code takes it down to $579 at Fry's.

https://www.frys.com/search?query_string=9294979&nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding120317

The weekly promo codes can only be used once per item (each person on their e-mail list gets a unique code). I'm obviously not looking to purchase these, so if you are interested in either TV, you're more than welcome to use my code. Just let me know and I'll PM it to you.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Alternatively, this TV appears to be the model right beneath the one SMKE EM posted. It's in my Fry's e-mail promo code specials this week for $500. Was the same price at Best Buy on Black Friday, though Fry's had it as low as $450 about a month ago.

https://www.frys.com/search?query_string=9294999&nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding120317

And this appears to be above it by a few models and is curved. Just about everyone has it on sale for $598-$600 right now, but this week's promo code takes it down to $579 at Fry's.

https://www.frys.com/search?query_string=9294979&nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding120317

The weekly promo codes can only be used once per item (each person on their e-mail list gets a unique code). I'm obviously not looking to purchase these, so if you are interested in either TV, you're more than welcome to use my code. Just let me know and I'll PM it to you.

I will let you know, I appreciate you finding these deals. I actually popped into a Target to see if they had that Westinghouse and I guess the one in Crystal Lake was sold out.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Maybe not the higher up ones, but the lower end TVs are cheap and riddled with problems, at least they were when i read reviews before i was looking for a new TV.

Many moons ago, I know that LG and BestBuy's house brand "Insignia" were one in the same.

On a positive note; their main service/repair center was in Woodridge here in IL. I don't know if that's still the case, but sure made repairs come back fast.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Stick with Samsung. You cant go wrong. Like the other post, I've been buying Samsungs for 10+ years after my Mitsubishi diamond rear projection days were over. I'll be in the market again when the 8k's are affordable.

Only problem I have with Samsung is they force sponsored ads in your main menu inside the TV.....it's been that way for 1 year now and didn't know about it until I just bought my 75"....

No way to turn it off either, very annoying

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Stick with Samsung. You cant go wrong. Like the other post, I've been buying Samsungs for 10+ years after my Mitsubishi diamond rear projection days were over. I'll be in the market again when the 8k's are affordable.

Fuck Samsung. Had two TVs die within 5 Years. Not to mention, their POS top loader washing machine caused over $50k flood damage to my house.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They’re reliability ratings have been circling the drain. I had a great 50 inch Samsung plasma that lasted 7 years before a horizontal line of pixels went out, but their reported reliability wasn’t much higher than the Chinese TCL tv I bought, so I said fuck it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info