Looking at two cheaper bike trailers.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
What design would you guys say is better for a 750 GSX-R. Not looking for anything too elaborate, just to tow my bike to places I can't dont want to ride to. Here are two styles on CL:

IMG_3093.JPG

OR

5Nb5P55J53Ga3K23L3c4e2536d18d8b671be2.jpg

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
That first one looks almost exactly like the foldable trailer I've had for a long time. Confirm with the owner and if that is foldable, BUY IT!!! I split the wood surface so the trailer would still fold and have hauled motorcycles (One trip was my old Boulevard to St Louis and back.) big lawn tractors, it holds almost 1000 lbs' of mulch when I put the sides on it, etc.

After looking over that picture more closely it is the same trailer as I have except the guy made it non-foldable. If you buy it I can send you a copy of the manual that shows the few parts you'll need (like a half dozen parts you can make at home) to make it foldable and take up a 5.5' x 2' space in your garage!

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
hmmm I appreciate it! He is asking 450 and it has a leaking tire... is 400 a fair cash offer?

No. That folding trailer is on sale at Harbor Freight right now for $280, or there's a little nicer one for $300. Add a floor (I'd do diamond plate, but plywood is ok), a front wheel chock, and a few eye bolts for tie downs, and you could have a brand new one for less than he's asking.

We've had this discussion already, Will

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Aron is dead on.

I love my foldable HF trailer. Folds and hauls 1200 lbs all day long. Get the 12" tire one for sure. Assembly takes a few hours and it is easy. I did mine by myself but having a buddy would be a plus. You can also tip it alone but it is hard on your back. I would suggest getting a ramp for loading as the tilt is rather steep.

No. That folding trailer is on sale at Harbor Freight right now for $280, or there's a little nicer one for $300. Add a floor (I'd do diamond plate, but plywood is ok), a front wheel chock, and a few eye bolts for tie downs, and you could have a brand new one for less than he's asking.

We've had this discussion already, Will

/thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info