Looking at two cheaper bike trailers.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Reaction score
What design would you guys say is better for a 750 GSX-R. Not looking for anything too elaborate, just to tow my bike to places I can't dont want to ride to. Here are two styles on CL:

OR

Theautoguy

Reaction score
That first one looks almost exactly like the foldable trailer I've had for a long time. Confirm with the owner and if that is foldable, BUY IT!!! I split the wood surface so the trailer would still fold and have hauled motorcycles (One trip was my old Boulevard to St Louis and back.) big lawn tractors, it holds almost 1000 lbs' of mulch when I put the sides on it, etc.

After looking over that picture more closely it is the same trailer as I have except the guy made it non-foldable. If you buy it I can send you a copy of the manual that shows the few parts you'll need (like a half dozen parts you can make at home) to make it foldable and take up a 5.5' x 2' space in your garage!

OP
willsmysticcobra

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Reaction score
hmmm I appreciate it! He is asking 450 and it has a leaking tire... is 400 a fair cash offer?

Aron

Reaction score
hmmm I appreciate it! He is asking 450 and it has a leaking tire... is 400 a fair cash offer?
No. That folding trailer is on sale at Harbor Freight right now for $280, or there's a little nicer one for $300. Add a floor (I'd do diamond plate, but plywood is ok), a front wheel chock, and a few eye bolts for tie downs, and you could have a brand new one for less than he's asking.

We've had this discussion already, Will

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
Aron is dead on.

I love my foldable HF trailer. Folds and hauls 1200 lbs all day long. Get the 12" tire one for sure. Assembly takes a few hours and it is easy. I did mine by myself but having a buddy would be a plus. You can also tip it alone but it is hard on your back. I would suggest getting a ramp for loading as the tilt is rather steep.

kurtthedurt

yeeeeeee haw
Reaction score
No. That folding trailer is on sale at Harbor Freight right now for $280, or there's a little nicer one for $300. Add a floor (I'd do diamond plate, but plywood is ok), a front wheel chock, and a few eye bolts for tie downs, and you could have a brand new one for less than he's asking.

We've had this discussion already, Will

/thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom