TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
On year 30

giphy.gif

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
4.5 years.

Worked in a bar while in college for about 4 years. First full time job out of school I stayed at for 4.5 years. Left and went to another company for 1 year on the dot. I was basically lied to when I took the job and it didn't turn out to be what I expected, so I left as soon as a better opportunity came up. Now I've been at my current job for 3.5 years.

Absolutely - I bartended at a college bar, country club and local pub.

Free food, booze, weed, etc. and great female companionship. Bartending on campus led to never paying at other bars as we all took care of one another.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
going on 28 years same shit Company(Wholesaler)...HVAC...Mainly Commercial Refrigeration....Supermarkets/Morgues/Bloodbanks/Hockey Rinks etc....
Want to quit everyday...I hate Residential Equipment..been in the biz for over 35 years

I live 2 blocks away from my work..the Pro's outway the Cons everyday
Pros vs Cons

Boomer,yep but always help TCG Members as best I can...ask some of them

Cheers guys...I wish you guys the best

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Coming up on year 12 at current job, was 10 at previous job, I think my shortest stint at a job was 3 years?
My shortest was 8 months. Corporate came in and wiped out upper management and then new guy in charge started trying to get people to do other jobs that had nothing to do with their title. Shit got toxic quick.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Current job, I'm gonna hit 9 years end of this month. I'm the longest person there in my department, and I'm just waiting for my boss to have a mental breakdown and everyone realizes I do all the work for my department. Maybe when I take a week off.

Before that it was 6 years , and before that it was 5 years.

Only worked at 3 places.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My dad owned a music store (instruments, speakers, accessories...) so I would help him out since I was about 6 years old but more frequently when I was about 8. That was up until about 2004 or 2005 when he closed shop and moved to Texas. So figure about 12 years. Of course it'd be off and on. An actual job and working daily every day.... Concrete construction with my father-in-law. 7 years. This year I took a step back and got into day trading. If I keep doing well, then I'll keep day trading but if not, then I go back to work and I at least have enough to pay off my house, car, and have some extra saved.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
My dad owned a music store (instruments, speakers, accessories...) so I would help him out since I was about 6 years old but more frequently when I was about 8. That was up until about 2004 or 2005 when he closed shop and moved to Texas. So figure about 12 years. Of course it'd be off and on. An actual job and working daily every day.... Concrete construction with my father-in-law. 7 years. This year I took a step back and got into day trading. If I keep doing well, then I'll keep day trading but if not, then I go back to work and I at least have enough to pay off my house, car, and have some extra saved.
What music shop?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
7 years with the company but 2 years into my second role. As of now, I don't plan on leaving this job until I retire, but there's still 30+ years of my career left for that to go out the window.

I must say that the job is amazing, and I will not find a company that provides better benefits for a chump like myself. The only way I'm leaving is is if my fiance get's a badass job that allows us to move out of this Southern Indiana hell hole, or I get fired. This is no place for a city slicker, but I'm willing to stick it out to maintain my spending/saving habits.

Thread Info