• 18-99

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
July Makes 12 years I've been at the shop.

Started in 2009 straight out of Tech school

This place was my 2nd work week choice from school. First place canceled my work week cause recession fucked them up. They were big engine overhaul place.

Started at age 20.

Position never changed: Mecanik

Threatened to quit half dozen times.

Salary doubled and then some

Company was family owned since 1982

Threatened quitting again.

Paid more

Business sold. Went to small corpo(less than 130 employees) in 2015

Lost bonuses. Threatened to quit.

Got Paid even More.

We were added to a team of 7 other fuel shops. About 25 other drive in technicians.

Small Corpo went to big corpo 2018(5000+ employees)

Covid help pushed company to get rid of every drive in service technician besides me and another guy here.

Me and him are 44% of this shops revenue.

:angrys00ls:

• Wow
Reactions: Eagle

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Almost 8 years was my longest. I was at my first job out of college for 9 months and was laid off in 2009. Bounced around for a couple years then found the first job I actually loved. Small, family owned medical device company. Great family feel and I worked with some great people doing work I actually liked. I was promoted to management and that's when things started going down hill. More of the family got involved and some upper management was forced out causing incompetence to run rampant. Left there and worked at a start up that required me to live at work and after a few empty promises I left after about a year and a half. At current job I took a few steps down the ladder on title but am making more than I ever have and I work at a world class organization with great benefits. I started during Covid and am not totally in love with it but I definitely don't hate it so we'll see where it goes. I have been here about a year.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
4.5 years.

Worked in a bar while in college for about 4 years. First full time job out of school I stayed at for 4.5 years. Left and went to another company for 1 year on the dot. I was basically lied to when I took the job and it didn't turn out to be what I expected, so I left as soon as a better opportunity came up. Now I've been at my current job for 3.5 years.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
47 years old. Started as a drillers helper at Testing Service Corporation in Feb 1996. Became a driller about 1999-ish. Still at the same company. 26 plus years same company getting paid very well, great benefits, enjoy all who I work with and still love what I do. I get to drive big trucks and play with adult size Tonka toys in big sandboxes everyday. Happier than a pig in shit.

And some pics. All threads need pics.

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg

Thread Info