long distance car carrier?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Anyone have any experience with long distance car carriers?

My Grandfather was evacuated from Rockport Texas and there are a few vehicles we are trying to get moved out of Rockport and transported to Grand Forks ND.

I have a 2005 Thunderbird that is being given to me and Im trying to figure out how to have it transported home.

I cant do it myself as Im out in Wash DC on active duty.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All TCG!

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I shipped a car from AZ to IL, and most all of the transport companies out there are brokers, and will shop around to get the best profit/deal with various drivers. I used American Auto Transport, and they run their own rigs, and were able to give me a price right away, and the pick up and drop off went flawless as well. Be prepared to get bent over with no lube though... Cost me $850 to ship my car, and this was without an environmental crisis on top of it all.

American Auto Transport | Better Auto Transport For Less | Free Car Shipping Quotes

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
filled info out on a few websites for quotes.

someome from autotransport123 called me quoted for $975

ill keep looking until we have family in Texas standing in front of the car to let me know how bad it is or damaged if any.

Cheaper the better but I figured 1500ish so under 1k would be great.

Anyone happen to have a specific name or contact by any chance?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
filled info out on a few websites for quotes.

someome from autotransport123 called me quoted for $975

ill keep looking until we have family in Texas standing in front of the car to let me know how bad it is or damaged if any.

Cheaper the better but I figured 1500ish so under 1k would be great.

Anyone happen to have a specific name or contact by any chance?
I hope you didnt leave your phone number on quotes. If so they are going to call you 6-10 times a day for a month. Pretty sure those fuckers share your number with every transport company around.
Ask me how I know, lol

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I ship a lot of cars. It's mostly cheaper to call a shipper direct but they might not have a truck in that area. But sometimes a truck is nearby or there and still have an empty spot and only a broker can post it on a board and that gets hits back quickly.
Try this broker:
An Auto Transporter in Florida that Offers the Best Transportation Package

Cheapest broker. Son/Mother team in FL. Talk to Glenn and tell him Joe from Chicago sent you. He is always my cheapest broker (even cheaper than uship)

You can also try Baha at UZ Transport Inc at

303 872 3672 (Press 5 for nationwide shipping first)

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I hope you didnt leave your phone number on quotes. If so they are going to call you 6-10 times a day for a month. Pretty sure those fuckers share your number with every transport company around.
Ask me how I know, lol

Yes 1 damn quote dealio online phones been ringing amd getting texts since 830 am this morning :rofl: :fu: people cant even get back into Rockport and got people chomping at the bit here LOL.

Guess it wont be as hard as i thought. Or as expensive as I tbougbt so far either.

Just waiting on family to get to the house now amd determine if the vehicle is ok or what exactly needs to be done to move it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Well this is turning into a cluster fuck.

The Texas Motor Speedway has been leased out for all these flood vehicles.

Every hauler I call either has a monster wait time or they are busy picking up flood vehicles at the speedway and hauling them away.

Ive called IAA (Insurance Auto Auction) CoPart , Montway and American Auto Transport.

All of them are moving flood vehicles or have a big wait time.

:fu:

If I wasnt on this damn deployment in Wash DC Id go fetch the damn car myself

:trump:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
529dd6a7728f00bd171f229c5fd36707.jpg

902f06a6bd6e9bb3fcf33bfc19f71399.jpg

845b0b92dd885431def85527cb100702.jpg

8c45a29c57a69a1386d9c2ec8c875cc1.jpg

could have been alot worse! Glass and top ok but might be a little scratched up on the front from the car port turning into a kite. :fu:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Well I paid more than i expected but piece of mind is worth some money too.

I got a family member to go get the car with a pickup and trailer.

Should be home next week.

My uncle was down there cleaning up the house from the hurricane and getting it ready to be sold. So hes going to grab his trailer and go back down to get the car for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info