Lone Star in Elgin closed...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
:mad:

I loved Lone Star. Then I moved near one and was in heaven...

I love their bread, butter, their cheese fries, back in the day, the peanuts. Oh yea, the steak soup, Oh, and I suppose the steak was ok... Problem was, I was usually stuffed by the time that came out...

Now there are only three in Illinois, the closest being Joliet. :(

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, always someone that's gotta ruin it...

That's where I met the Mrs's. At the Bloomingdale location. Figured I'd get her to know upfront that I likes my red meat.

I've gotten the Wife to make the potato soup like Outback has. Now if I could get her to do a good steak soup like Lone Star's... I'd be in heaven.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
The best pork chops I've ever had were from the Lone Star that used to be in Hoffman Estates. I was sad when that closed. Outback steaks have been horrid the last few times I've been there, but their sides and bread are always good. Longhorn in my go-to cheap steak.

I was never a huge outback fan but the wife and I went there a few months ago and had the ribs. They are amazing. So now we go often and get a blooming onion, ribs, salad and dessert. it's all really good.
I never appreciated a meal like this growing up

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
outback quality is def location based, south elgin outback has been terrible

YES!!!

I can do Outback in place of the Lone Star for the steaks. Figure they all get the actual stuff from the same food service company anyway...

Where Lone Star was better was all the appetizers and pre-dinner stuff. Lone Star cheese fries beat up Outback's. Outback's are barely passable as "cheese fries". The bread and butter at Outback is good, but LS's was better (the butter had more flavor), and the steak soup at LS > * at Outback. Although, Outback's potato soup can be good, but it seems to be inconsistent each time we go there (South Elgin is the one we go to 99% of the time).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info