TV Loki [Disney+]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
To dig into this a little bit without major spoilers...

Loki's escape was interesting. The resulting events were amusing. I don't know about his sudden switch to "good" guy. Think about the reason he switched. Will events be changed if the timeline is supposed to work out a certain way? Regardless if he's there or not? I thought that was a bit weak.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I didn't see the episode as a sudden switch to a good guy. Even his 2017/2018 version, just before his demise in Infinity War, he was willing to sell out Thor and anyone else for his personal gain in Ragnarok. He wasn't nearly as bad as the "current" 2012 version of Loki. But even at his end, he wasn't a "good" person.

I think him seeing the items he has been chasing for years, thinking they were the most powerful things in the universe, are paperweights at the TVA made him realize their power. He decides to go with the TVA request for now. His long game is to eventually use the TVA's power to change the future timeline he's now viewed. He always wants to be a ruler over everything. I don't see his goals to correct things in the future for the betterment of others. As he now knows in his purpose in the universe. He will try to use the TVA power to make his dreams of ruling all a reality. Sure, he may grow more of a conscious, but he won't let it get in his way most of the time. At least that is my guess early on.

I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to seeing the rest of the season.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It isn't this 2012 version of him we know. I have seen set photos and watched the videos posted above. So I know most likely what version of him it is.

We know Mobius said he hunts dangerous people and this 2012 Loki he has in custody is a pussy cat. So this Loki helping the TVA is not anything like the version they are tracking down.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Seems a bit sloppy to me to have infinity stones as paperweights. I get the point they are making but what if a TVA employee has a stone in their pocket and leaves the building and dampening field? Wouldn't they be torn apart like GOTG? I'd think the stones should at least be locked up so they don't get out like the Wuhan virus?

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
giphy.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I think Loki always suffers from little man syndrome. He is mischievous for fun, but when he realized what he was in the original Thor movie, thats when he went all crazy and wanted to rule Asgard. Then it was Earth. Now its anything. :rofl: He does have soft spots though. Even in the comics.

It was also explained that the mind stone really corrupted Loki, which is why in Avengers he was at his worse.

So far I am enjoying what I am seeing from the Disney+ series'. Nothing too groundbreaking, with Wandavision probably being the most original, but its pretty safe and follows idea of stories already laid out or a version of stories already told in comics. At this point, Ill accept it since it will be harder to let me down unlike other shows that have been discussed on here.

Reactions: IDAFC21
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info