• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Logging a second IAT sensor? HPT 3bar OS

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Do you have hpt? If so you must teach me the way. I tried following a write up online but couldn't get my wideband to read in hpt. I am wondering if my egr isn't even wired up from the swap though. Anyone know which pinout number the egr signal wire is? Might be the problem

I did it the way Dan posts below... Through the brown wire. Pretty easy breasy

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
you figure out those oil feed fittings? i can give you the wiring info but considering how you can judge thread size....:drums::jg:

hahahaha, my wireing skills are far above my measurment skills...My plam meets my face on a regular basis when I work on my car.

I did figure out my fittings. I had to order them from 2 different companies because of the odd size I guess. One out of two of my orders has already come in. I am planning on having the other order in a day or two.

I ended up getting the 1/4" to 1/8th'' turbo fitting with the 1/8'' to -3AN restrictor fitting from one store. Got my -3AN female to -4AN male fitting and also the -4AN female to male 90* from the other place. I see no reason why it shouldn't work this time.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I would pipe directly to HPT. It will be easier to just do it direct and you have more freedom of movement to set your own custom formula with that versus doing a semi-ghetto rig through another sensors circuit.

The IATS does not have a polarity since it is just a thermistor. You can hook up either pole to your 5v feed wire and send the other pole to your HPT MPVI to log. All resistors, except the diode kind and possibly a few others I am not thinking about, are not polarized.

I made a Powerpoint slide a while back for the different IATS resistance values at different temperatures for some nitrous timing tuner box stuff I was building then but it will work for you too. Between this and the voltage table also in the powerpoint it should give you all the information to set your formula up in HPT VCM Scanner. Let me know if you don't have Microsoft Office and I will convert it for you. I attached a few pictures from the slides that you may find most helpful. The regular calibration data that comes with the GM external IATS is:

Temperature Ohms
48 degrees F 7000
87 degrees F 1930
146 degrees F 560

The following IATS calibration tables are from the tunefile calibrations in those car's just to be used as examples. The last table that appears fuzzy is a Ford IATS calibration table whose IATS reads different resistance per a given temperature. But since their IATS operates off of 5v ref you can use the resistance and resulting voltage values at said resistance to set your formula for your GM IATS logging.

Whats disappointing is that the voltage doesn't track linearly. So much for a simple config...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info