Lodge cast iron 5-quart double dutch oven $26.99

Tony1784

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Dont waste money on the Lodge stuff. Stick with old cast iron thats machined on the bottom and when properly seasoned is like a piece of glass.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
meh, shit like that's nearly impossible to find easily for any reasonable amount of money.

seasoning the lodge stuff is plenty easy and works really well.

i have this dutch oven combo set above that i bought when it was on sale one day and it's one of my favorite pieces.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Dont waste money on the Lodge stuff. Stick with old cast iron thats machined on the bottom and when properly seasoned is like a piece of glass.
I disagree. I have 3 lodge pieces and all of them are fantastic for the price I paid for them. Season them with the right stuff and enjoy the shit out of them.

rz79

Reaction score
At my old firehouse there was a very large Lodge skillet.. 16 inch maybe? Anyways... That fucker was used probably 2 twice a day, overheated, scrubbed out repeatedly by orangutans with soap and when I left that piece was still going strong. I'm impressed with lodge and its price point.

Primalzer

Reaction score
I bought a couple Lodge pieces at their factory store...got a couple slightly nicked pieces for basically half off new...the lady helped to pick the good ones that the seasoning would hide within a couple of cookings...they are easily my favorite pieces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom