Local SVT dealers....

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I am about to bring in the Cobra for the stall fix, and I was trying to figure out which dealership I should go to.

The closest one to me (right down the street) is Joe Cotton in Carol Stream. But I have heard some complaints about them in the past.

Packy Webb Ford in Glen Ellyn is pretty close too. How is the service over there?

In the past I have used Friendly Ford in Roselle (great service!), but they are not an SVT dealer.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

:happy:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Call Willowbrook Ford and ask for Mark. Let him know Victor, Infared, flatliner sent ya. He is a good friend of mine. Let him know your concerns that you want your car babied and he should take care of you. Just remember Mark is a service writer... the techs make the decisions, not him, so don't get violent with him or I will :argue: :bash: take care of business!

Call me if you would like me to call him first.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Flatliner said:
Call Willowbrook Ford and ask for Mark Brennan. Let him know Victor Sanchez, Infared, flatliner sent ya. He is a good friend of mine. Let him know your concerns that you want your car babied and he should take care of you. Call me if you would like me to call him first.

Be careful with Willowbrook. They're the dealer that screwed Chicago Mike.

Packey Webb has the SVTOA meetings. People say they are good.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Friendly Ford is an SVT dealership, but they just don't usually have Cobras/lightnings in stock. They have an SVT Authorized service center banner in their showroom and service area. I thought they weren't though, but they have about 6 svt foci on their lot. I have gotten ok service there, but they screwed me over on a problem with my aftermarket stereo. Long story. If you go there, ask for Mike.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Paging Chicago Mike

Flyn high again said:

Hey Mike, for our information, as I don't know about it and I am sure others don't either... what happened at Willowbrook?

My family has bought many cars from there and the routine service, and maybe it is because of my buddy, has always been good.

There is such a fine line with our cars now and modifications and warranties and was curious if your problem was that. I mean was it that they voided your warranty for mods or was it something stupid stupid, etc. I am curious to your experience.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Flyn high again said:

ChicagoMike said:
I have never been to Willowbrook Ford. Maybe Cliff is thinking about my BAD experience with W***** Ford. I would say the 2 best SVT service departments you can go to are JOE RIZZA FORD in Orland Park and PACKEY WEBB FORD in Wheaton.

Mike

Fyi- I asked Mike about Willowbrook and I think Cliff got confused. The bad experience was Westbrook off of LaGrange Rd. I think now this may ring a bell from one of the other boards.

Anyway he did suggest a few. He recommended one in Wheaton that may be closer to you.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Flyn high again said:
wouldn't come down on price when I was looking for my car. That's my only dealing with them. I apologize for the mistake. :ban:

I had this issue when I went to the Ford dealership in Naperville on Ogden and Naperville Blvd.! I was ready to buy, and the guy goes in to get the keys comes out and says to me... you know these are going at a premium, and prices are not negotiable. I looked at him and said, are you serious, I am ready to buy right now? I never even got to drive the car... and that car was a sonic blue one, what I originally wanted. Needless to say about two hours later I was driving home in my new DSG coupe from Arlington Hts. Ford. I have to admit, they were warm and fuzzy... :biggthump until they gave me my car with the bumper tapped.... :2g:

No regrets now, I guess...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info