Local Sales, AR-15

shaveradam

www.finishingtouchdetail. com
Reaction score
So I have this rifle I built. I can list specifics later (longer range AR with Geissele trigger and Nikon scope, PRS stock) and I put about $1,400 into it (looking for $1000) but my question is - where can I sell a firearm locally? I know that the forum doesn't allow private sales and Facebook will delete posts about gun sales.

Some costs have come up and I need the cash and it's been sitting since June. It's only had about 100 rounds through it.

I know I could list on gunbroker but would prefer someone locally as it seems like a much easier transaction.

Any advice? Anyone know of anyone looking? Any other places I could sell and not get bent over (aka pawn shops etc)?

Here is a link to the build thread and pics of the rifle.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/knives-guns-ammo/145061-budget-spr-dmr-ar15-build.html

Gamble

Reaction score
How does arms list work? You bring to some place and they ship it?
I was just going to post the same thing. I have a 9mm I want to get rid of

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
some gun shops will also buy guns but you wont get as much money for it as an outright sale private party

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
So any joe blow can ship a firearm as long as it goes to an FFL?
As long as you have a FOID and you make contact with the FFL and square everything away with them beforehand. Buyer will supply you with the FFL of their choice.

I do believe it has to be sent next day or 2nd day with the carrier you choose too. I've never shipped a weapon out though, so I'd double check with the FFL what the exact procedure is.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
If dealing with an out of state buyer I would have an FFL ship it to their FFL. I'm not sure how you would verify his FFL is legit?

If within the state you can do a face to face after FOID verification with state police and waiting period.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
let the FFL's take care of that for out of state, the answer is no to any joe blow shipping to an FFL :rofl:

your FFL to their FFL

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
let the FFL's take care of that for out of state, the answer is no to any joe blow shipping to an FFL :rofl:

your FFL to their FFL
Wrong

You can ship your own stuff to an FFL. You contact buyers FFL, they send you a copy of their FFL license through email or fax, and you can verify it online via a site like this - https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

You can also do FFL to FFL if you wish, but it's going to cost you even more.

OP
shaveradam

shaveradam

Reaction score
what upper is that??? Rguns??
It's an Anderson bare upper onto which I installed an Anderson barrel and an rguns free float hand guard. I think if I remember correctly I also used an rguns gas block which I'm sure they get from someone else as well as an rguns rifle length buffer tube and buffer. I was leery of using anything of substance from them as I've heard negative things - but I loved he style of the hand guard.

GIMPY

Reaction score
It's an Anderson bare upper onto which I installed an Anderson barrel and an rguns free float hand guard. I think if I remember correctly I also used an rguns gas block which I'm sure they get from someone else as well as an rguns rifle length buffer tube and buffer. I was leery of using anything of substance from them as I've heard negative things - but I loved he style of the hand guard.
Very nice build
I have a complete rguns upper with the same free float hand guard. Thats y i was wondering..

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
So have I, I bought and sold at least a dozen things off there. I was pissed when they shut all the groups down.

That sites been good to me so far, sold one pistol and made a hundred and fifty off it, and bought 300 rounds off brass cased.45 off someone a week and a half ago for $60.

Outlaw

Reaction score
That northern Illinois firearm page started a forum, link on the group, link posted above... Join up there and list it. Good group of guys.

OP
shaveradam

shaveradam

Reaction score
That northern Illinois firearm page started a forum, link on the group, link posted above... Join up there and list it. Good group of guys.
I listed it there as well as arms list. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of activity.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score

your FFL to their FFL
Wrong

You can ship your own stuff to an FFL. You contact buyers FFL, they send you a copy of their FFL license through email or fax, and you can verify it online via a site like this - https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

You can also do FFL to FFL if you wish, but it's going to cost you even more.
When I sell lowers or any products requiring FFL, I have to get the buyers choice of FFL and information so I can pass it over to my reps. Everything is legal, and pretty straight forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom