Little help needed for "father of the bride speech"

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So, my speech went very well! Thank you to everyone in this thread who helped a brother out

Started it out with a couple of quick jokes, thanked everyone for coming, thanked the grooms parents and told them they raised one hell of guy.

Thanked the groom with a simple, "thank you and there is nothing else I need to say but thank you"

Thanked my guy who officiated it. Gave everyone a quick run down how when him and I met we didnt hit it off very well. But let everyone know he has been in our lives for 26yrs and is one of the most solid dudes to ever come into my life.

I didnt mention below, I thought that would take the spotlight away from my daughter.
He was from a different neighborhood and we didnt like the fact his girl who is now his wife brought this dude around. We thought he was an opposing gang member due to where he lived and went to high school and we chased him out of our hood a few times lol. Then he manned the fuck up, came by himself to our hood, approached me as a man and we hashed it out. Next thing you know we are drinking 40's and MD 20/20 getting fucked up lol.

Then I talked about my daughter and what she means to us and how proud of her we were etc.

Made it thru without crying although it was close when I thanked my guy and then went on to my daughter

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
So, my speech went very well! Thank you to everyone in this thread who helped a brother out

Started it out with a couple of quick jokes, thanked everyone for coming, thanked the grooms parents and told them they raised one hell of guy.

Thanked the groom with a simple, "thank you and there is nothing else I need to say but thank you"

Thanked my guy who officiated it. Gave everyone a quick run down how when him and I met we didnt hit it off very well. But let everyone know he has been in our lives for 26yrs and is one of the most solid dudes to ever come into my life.

I didnt mention below, I thought that would take the spotlight away from my daughter.
He was from a different neighborhood and we didnt like the fact his girl who is now his wife brought this dude around. We thought he was an opposing gang member due to where he lived and went to high school and we chased him out of our hood a few times lol. Then he manned the fuck up, came by himself to our hood, approached me as a man and we hashed it out. Next thing you know we are drinking 40's and MD 20/20 getting fucked up lol.

Then I talked about my daughter and what she means to us and how proud of her we were etc.

Made it thru without crying although it was close when I thanked my guy and then went on to my daughter
Very happy to hear it went well. The DJ sounds annoying but that’s an easy one to let go in the scheme of things.

If I remember correctly, you were concerned with a rift between the families considering the LE background of the groom’s family. Seems like everyone kept it classy which is great.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Sounds as though everything worked out well and it was a smart move continuing the party in the hotel rooms as compared to the lobby

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info