• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lithium battery voltage issue

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm curious if anyone here has ever had this happen. I bought an earthx lithium battery for the bike, as well as the specific tender you have to use for a lithium battery. Charged it up, it's all good, reading just under 13 volts at full charge.

Turn the key on the bike and the fuel pump doesn't kick on and it's acting like there isn't much juice. Read the battery, 11.5 volts and losing about a hundredth every second or two. OK

Try to start the bike and get nothing. Dash dies, no power. Read the battery again....2 volts.

Try the key again, still no power, still 2 volts.

Let it sit for a minute...read the battery...12 volts. Turn the key on, dash lights up, and the same process repeats.

I don't know much about electrical stuff but this was weird AF to me. How it went from 12 volts, to 2 volts, then back up to 12, made no sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info