• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

List of names/addresses/phone #s of chicagoland Pick N Pulls

chris101

Reaction score
I have been to the one in Aurora years ago (but I don't remember where and/or how to get there)...

...remember driving past on I believe on North Avenue in Chicago too last year....

AND Recently only to the one on 41 up in Wadsworth (almost in Wisconsin). I can get the address and phone number and post back.

But where are all the pick n pulls in the area? I need to start visiting them!

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.auroraupullit.com/

That is one of them. You come down to a T in the road and if you go one way you go to that one, if you go the other it takes you to another yard. I always like going to those places just to see what there is to see even if you don't find any gems.

chris101

Reaction score
FANTASTIC! thanks..

anyone else?

I know there are a few inside chicago as well.. anyone have those names/addresses?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Reaction score
I am literally 4 min away from the u pull it in Aurora. if anyone needs my to go by and look for something just let me know

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
rt 14 autoparts... i dunno what it is tho

James

Reaction score
Half price Wednesdays are the shit.

chris101

Reaction score
I am literally 4 min away from the u pull it in Aurora. if anyone needs my to go by and look for something just let me know

oooo

do you happen to know if they have any infiniti g20 cars there?

and if yes, headlights any good?

LSx S10

Reaction score
those are actually the 2 I already knew about...

anyone have any more?
you said pick n pulls, and there is only two in illinois.

if you want junkyards...

Auto parts city
3570 Washington Street,
Gurnee, IL 60031
(847) 244-7171

victory auto parts
710 E Green St
Bensenville, IL 60106
(630) 860-2000

chris101

Reaction score
you are mistaken, there are definately more than 2 pick n pulls in Illinois.. ..and victory is 'bend over' prices junkyard (NO THANKS)

Summit, IL
Aurora, IL
Wadsworth, IL
Chicago, IL

That's 4 already and I know there are more.. lol

James

Reaction score
Summit is cool, you're right about the one in Chicago, it's on North Ave, between Cicero and Grand.
Victory used to be awesome albeit a stinky mudhole, but U-Pull-It changed the game with crazy cheap fixed pricing, half priced Wednesdays, and other special half price weekends....they even had half prices on Father's Day those bastards.

LSx S10

Reaction score
you are mistaken, there are definately more than 2 pick n pulls in Illinois.. ..and victory is 'bend over' prices junkyard (NO THANKS)

Summit, IL
Aurora, IL
Wadsworth, IL
Chicago, IL

That's 4 already and I know there are more.. lol
u pull it and pick n pull are two dif things. according to pnps website there is only two in illinois, none of which that are in chicago.

chris101

Reaction score
geez.. lets not get into semantics here..

I said chicagoland (which means within the chicago area and not necessarily within city limits of chicago)

The bottom line is there are junkyards where you pay for parts they take off the cars or junkyards where you bring your tools, remove parts yourself and pay less.

I'm interested in the full list of where you take it off the car yourself and NOT where they just sell you the parts.

Is that clear enough for everyone?

LSx S10

Reaction score
ok then..all of the ones i have listed you bring your tools and pull parts off yourself

LSx S10

Reaction score
since when did victory let you pull your own parts?:dunno:
I havent been there for probably two years, but i used to go a lot and you could always pull your own parts. They would pull parts for you too. but maybe its changed

James

Reaction score
geez.. lets not get into semantics here..

I said chicagoland (which means within the chicago area and not necessarily within city limits of chicago)
True. It's like the Chicago Garage actually having a single member that is a resident of Chicago.

chris101

Reaction score
okay, thanks..

I think it's a case of them taking one look at me (a girl) laughing and saying no you can't pull your own parts is all...

James

Reaction score
All you do there is sign in and walk back to the yard. But they would of denied you if you had sandal/open toed shoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom