liscence plates?

itsmekippy

Reaction score
how long does it USUALLY take to get plates when you buy/register a vehicle? because i bought mine on aug 11, and i still havent recived any notification from the dealer that my plates are in, and ive called the dealer and all they tell me is to wait for them to mail me a sheet saying they have the plates:dunno:

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Personal/vanity plates I take it? When I ordered mine i believe it took close to 2 months

OP
itsmekippy

itsmekippy

Reaction score
nope i wanted vanity but i figured id hold off a little so these are normal plates. and everytime i see temp plates in the trash at work or see it on my car i get more pissed cuz it shouldnt take this long

Krang

Snozberries
Reaction score
Wow, most major dealers have someone that can give you plates right then and there.

I just registered my bike at a currency exchange, they said two weeks max for the plates to come in.

OP
itsmekippy

itsmekippy

Reaction score
wow this is why i hate dealers. and now i soundlike an oxymoron since i work in a dealer lol

Krang

Snozberries
Reaction score
Well, it could be that the dealer doesn't have someone who can hold plates and maybe dragged ass on paperwork. . There could be a legitimate reason other than just general asshattery.

I seem to remember mitsu saying that the person had to go through some training when I bought my Evo many many moons ago. . . with my Scion and my Evo since I didn't want custom plates I had them before I drove the car off the lot.

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Reaction score
I got my TRNS HED ones in 6 weeks. You might as well just get your vanity ones now if you're gonna fork up the cash to get them later on.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
Depends on how "busy" they are. My trailer title came after about 5 weeks I think, I haven't gotten plates recently though, as they had a TA plate at my DMV.

I'd say, mid to end of OCT, if you haven't gotten them, go to local DMV, they can usually look up what's going on. They tracked my title down from that damn camaro I had, turned out they couldn't figure out where my address was?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom