• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Line X undercarriage-anyone done this?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'm hesitant to use Line-X stuff. Did my bed with that and less than two weeks later the shit was peeling/chipping off from extremely light use. Like sliding a cinder block on it. The location that applied it is now closed so I think they just did a shit job on everything.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
POR-15 is a good base layer to apply directly to rust. I wouldn't use it as a complete coating as it gets dull and cloudy over time. If you don't use the correct formula it will also flake off of any area that wasn't rusty.

MONSTALINER is a great product, I use it on my trucks.

For frames I use the Eastwood frame coat. That shit's tough.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
This is the paint match Monstaliner applied on my F-350. The truck had rock chips and some surface rust starting on the pinch welds. I did this to everything exterior facing, and then had a petroleum-based undercoating done to the underside of the truck. It held up very well, just sold the truck and it looked good as new. You can see the black undercoat in the last picture.

eETascp.jpg

sKlXr0q.jpg

XwyuMox.jpg

Aisg6rn.jpg

LJxonRd.jpg

zecntux.jpg

2KNKVy8.jpg

Reactions: Unitsn4

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Its all about that prep, that prep...

So far my herculiner is holding up though I expect it to flake at some point.
My biggest gripe is looks on the herculiner. I know silly but any weight on it and that rubber squishes down and looks like shit forever. Mine has been holding up on the floors of the cucv for like 7.....ish years? 6 maybe? :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I wish I cared enough to do any of this.

I'm not that good at practicing what I preach... I also don't keep shit long enough for it to rust usually lol. I do the oil:fuel trick on my plow trucks very haphazardly in the fall. Front frame, wheelwells front/back and rockers/cab corners. I ain't laying underneath the shit doing it, just a quick once over with an old spray gun.

I did the monstaliner on my 6.7 because the pinch welds had surface rust and looked like shit. I have this weird mentality where a vehicle that's starting to rust is literally garbage. I either own perfect stuff or rusty stuff. There is no middle ground lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info