Light up calipers

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Interesting concept. Would be nice to show the owner of the car brake pad wear/life with a light and when a brakes are needed. Still cool concept.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Interesting concept. Would be nice to show the owner of the car brake pad wear/life with a light and when a brakes are needed. Still cool concept.

i mean, at a minimum bmw has sensors for brakes to light up on the dash, my 2001 did. id bet many other manufacturers do tooo

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
i mean, at a minimum bmw has sensors for brakes to light up on the dash, my 2001 did. id bet many other manufacturers do tooo

I get that with the brake sensors which has been a thing for many years in certain car lines, does Ford offer that? Hyundai? Gm products? Could be wrong.

Having a caliper with technology is nice to inform the consumers on if brakes are needing to be replaced, so they dont get up sold on CPR ( calipers pads rotors ) when not needed, which I have seen in many of my dealers I have worked in over the years.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I get that with the brake sensors which has been a thing for many years in certain car lines, does Ford offer that? Hyundai? Gm products? Could be wrong.

Having a caliper with technology is nice to inform the consumers on if brakes are needing to be replaced, so they dont get up sold on CPR ( calipers pads rotors ) when not needed, which I have seen in many of my dealers I have worked in over the years.

i dont think this would prevent dealership fucking at all.

they'd just come up with a new lie.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

fwiw my sierra had a pad life monitor, and there was a recall on it cuz it was calculating waaaaaaay wrong

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Brakes by Beats?

Anyone else see that or just me?

beats-logo-161616.png

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hardly anyone cuts rotors, hardly anyone drives with the radio off even at low sppeds/in a parking lot where you would hear a squeaker . rust belt means backside/rotor edges have rust creep. rotors are made with crappy metal nowadays.
hubs and flanges have corrosion mated to adjacent parts, so parts have to be reinstalled exacly the way they were previously.

its best to just let it rid till it grinds and then replace it all.....you gonna have to do the whole shebang anyways....might as well get that last 5k miles outta it

pad mounted wear sensors ar ethe funniest gimmik ever....they put the sensor where the edge rust will rub through it before the sensor touches steel and triggers the ckt

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I haven't cut rotors in a decade (at least). I think only NAPA will do it anymore (at least the one in WeGo does), but only on weekdays... Problem is, my free time is on weekends, so... But new rotors are so cheap, like mentioned above, just replace everything.

Actually last Saturday when we were coming back from Freeport in the van, I noted it grinding from the drivers rear. My guess is, much like the rear passenger side two years ago, the slider pins which are mounted in the caliper bracket, are locked up (Not allowing the caliper to slide back), causing the inner pad to do all the work, wearing it away and it's now backing plate on rotor. Anyway, my point being... Having been through this on the passenger side, where even a 15lb sledge hammer couldn't free up the pins in the bracket, fearing this is the case again, I just bought a new bracket along with new slider pins along with the brake kit from Rock Auto. With the 5% discount from here, all told, it was $142. Kinda hard to beat that price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info