Light & Dark Style Request

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Not really a style thing but I'll (hopefully) be adding something pretty slick. When you visit the site via mobile browser, there will be a small (easily dismissable, however you spell it) pop up that comes in from the bottom of the screen that will allow you to add TCG to your home screen as a fake app. What this will now do is allow you to tap a single button get straight to the TCG action (like an app). It will make life easier for alot of mobile folks.

There is another way to do this from just about any mobile browser.

Open mobile browser settings then,

Firefox - Page > Add Page Shortcut

Chrome - Add to Home Screen

The only advantage to doing it this way is you can make any page the shortcut instead of just thechicagogarage.com . So the shortcut could go right to the New Posts page instead (how I have it setup).

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It makes it far more like an app and easier since not everyone knows about the add to home option.
I agree. It's a good thing to add to the site for more visits. That is what I meant (kinda) with the whole html5 app that is really just a browser. This basically accomplishes similar results with less work.

Reactions: Mook

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
can we do symbols for thread tags. Aka instead of YouTube in a big red box can we just have below or similar

youtube-512.png
OR View attachment 42176

wombat wombat

Did i do it right?

Thread Info