Licensed gun owner aids Illinois cops in shootout with suspect; 1 officer injured

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Licensed gun owner aids Illinois cops in shootout with suspect; 1 officer injured | Fox News

A licensed gun owner was hailed Thursday for his role in helping police in suburban Chicago stop a suspect who was firing an automatic weapon, officials said.

Officials commended the unnamed civilian for his actions as they stood outside a hospital where Cicero police Officer Luis Duarte, 31, was undergoing surgery for four gunshot wounds suffered during the shootout, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

“We were lucky enough to have a citizen on the street there’s who’s a concealed-carry holder, and he’s also engaged in gunfire,” said Cicero police Superintendent Jerry Chlada Jr.

The chaos erupted just after 5 p.m. when Duarte, a four-year-veteran of the department, and his partner tried to pull over a vehicle in Cicero for a routine traffic stop. The driver instead took off onto a ramp leading to Interstate 55, in Chicago’s city limits.

The officers boxed the vehicle in traffic and the suspect got out and began firing the automatic weapon at them as he fled on foot, Fox 32 Chicago reported. The officers returned fire.

The concealed-carry owner then got out of his vehicle and began shooting at the suspect.

“He got out and started helping the police, which is something I’ve got to be proud of,” Cicero town President Larry Dominick told the Sun-Times.

The suspect was hit once but it was not clear if the bullet came from the officers or the concealed-carry holder.

Duarte suffered wounds to an arm, a leg and his abdomen, but was talking and alert ahead of surgery, officials said.

The suspect was taken to a hospital and listed in serious condition. His weapon was found at the scene.

Illinois State Police are investigating the officers’ use of force.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
When they say 'automatic', do they mean 'fully' or 'semi'? It seems kind of vague to me.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
This doesn't fit agenda. GTFO :trump:

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
i'm going to go out on a limb and guess small caliber pistol. had it been any kind of rifle they would have said it was an AR15.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Fully semi-automatic long range pistol with bullet button and high capacity mag, loaded with armor piercing rounds.

Spectragod

Reaction score
When they say 'automatic', do they mean 'fully' or 'semi'? It seems kind of vague to me.

They mean it had a bullet button, that, with one push would automatically load 1000 rounds, which isn’t much when you have a semi automatic full automatic and it is capable of laying down 10,000 rounds a minute with the optional bayonet feature and laser guided bullets......

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
I figured that the media was reporting it like that to deliberately mislead people into thinking this guy was just holding down the trigger and spraying bullets everywhere.

I'm no gun expert, but aren't most modern hand guns automatic?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I figured that the media was reporting it like that to deliberately mislead people into thinking this guy was just holding down the trigger and spraying bullets everywhere.

I'm no gun expert, but aren't most modern hand guns automatic?
SEMI-AUTOMATIC.

sorry caps. no civilian is allowed to legally own a fully automatic firearm.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. Unless someone is out there with a musket, they are probably using a semi-automatic weapon.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
well, there are lever action and bolt action rifles, pump shotguns, and single shot shotguns.

but yes, a majority of firearms are semiauto.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
i am sure there are loopholes to the law that the law does not even know.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Umm. Yeah we can

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Requires licensing. Most FFLs have them so they can own and sell them

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't really want one.... Lol... I can fire my ar fast enough

Spectragod

Reaction score
I thought you could with the right permits and a gun built before the ban in the 80's??

It has to be a pre 86’ year of manufacture to be able to be sold to the public, the buyer will need to be fingerprinted by his local law enforcement official and a letter from said department signed by the chief or sheriff saying you have no “local” record. Then it’s off to the ATF for a background check, 5-8 months for that, once approved you can buy your pre 86 Auto weapon, for a pre 86 M16, expect to pay 30-50k for it, then, the ATF can inspect you weapons (all of them) at any time they desire.

So yeah, anyone can own a machine gun....lol

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
It has to be a pre 86’ year of manufacture to be able to be sold to the public, the buyer will need to be fingerprinted by his local law enforcement official and a letter from said department signed by the chief or sheriff saying you have no “local” record. Then it’s off to the ATF for a background check, 5-8 months for that, once approved you can buy your pre 86 Auto weapon, for a pre 86 M16, expect to pay 30-50k for it, then, the ATF can inspect you weapons (all of them) at any time they desire.

:s00ls: This doesn't fit agenda. GTFO. :s00ls:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score

This doesn't account for state laws (no NFA in IL) but the big thing I'll say is that there are SOME entry level guns you can get that are a lot cheaper. MAC10s supposedly are in the 5Kish range for instance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom