Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Ford Authority also speculates that the vehicle may be part of the development process for a proposed Mustang-branded sedan, as the publication has previously reported. Details of this proposed pony-branded four-door are extremely thin, however. The actual status of that project—or if it even exists—is almost completely unknown to the public. Ford reportedly showed a concept to dealers back in 2018, but since then there's been almost no new information concerning the vehicle.

Unless Ford decides to start teasing details or somebody at the right place at the right time snaps a photo—a la Ford Maverick—we'll be in the dark for what this Charger Hellcat is really being used for. Enthusiasts groaned when Ford decided to call the Mach-E a Mustang, but in that context, a Mustang sedan might just be welcomed with open arms. It's rumored Chevy might continue the Camaro as an electric sedan as well, so anything is really possible here.

Maybe the Big 3 will return to high-performance sedans. We can only hope.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
2007-ford-five-hundred-sel-fwd-sedan-angular-front.png

I hope the 500 is coming back!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My guess is Ford will make an AWD 4 door ecoboom hybrid crossover variant call it the Mustang sedan or Edsel… what they should do is bring the galaxy 500 back with a blown 5.0 in it with 500hp.
Galaxy was always a cool nameplate.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I will say I don't get why they're getting their panties wet about this at some level, I mean I'm sure that all major auto makers do this even if the overlap within their lines are a bit weaker.

Also, didn't the Charger have better performance for the HP anyways than the Challenger due to aero? If so I'd take the more efficient car as my benchmark.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info