Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This time White is Right.

Insurance totaled the previous car, very sad.

John G made this deal happen even though Insurance dragged their feet. I wasn't planning on buying a new car, but since I was going to get back into a RS, I made John my first call and wasn't disappointed.

2017 Focus RS
Frozen White RS2 Package
5 miles.....

Lets hope for a better result this time around.

40917207634_84c9ea0e6a_o.jpg

41587924112_a019662d1e_o.jpg

40917206224_7054328dbb_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Missed this one. Where you able to save the aftermarket wheels you had or were they not on the car?

They became part of the settlement, so I had to leave them be.

Not sure if the wheels on the drivers side of the car were any good though.

On the plus side, this means I got to keep the Forged 19" rims that were on my original Focus.

So those can either be sold out-right to pay for a new Winter whee/tire set, or can become a set I mount track day tires on.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Oh wow, reading both the other thread and this thread, what a hell of a ride. My HPT touched your first car, part of me died with it. We shall hold a vigil.

Glad you found a replacement so quickly that you will enjoy. Are you afraid the head gasket issue is going to happen again or just deal with it and when it happens, it's Ford's problem to fix again? Either way

#whiteisright

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I loved that grey but white is great on these too. Is it the same as the other one options/package-wise?

Pretty much all the same options with the addition of a Moonroof. Hard to find one without.

John had a Gray one identical to what I had and I latched onto it first because it was exactly what I had. But I like White more, and to be honest.

Replacing it with in another identical gray one kind of creeps me out a bit. As if I'm trying to clone the old car and forget that it got wrecked, except it being the exact same, but not the same just reminds me of the accident a bit. I know thats slightly mental as its just a car, but thats me.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Pretty much all the same options with the addition of a Moonroof. Hard to find one without.

John had a Gray one identical to what I had and I latched onto it first because it was exactly what I had. But I like White more, and to be honest.

Replacing it with in another identical gray one kind of creeps me out a bit. As if I'm trying to clone the old car and forget that it got wrecked, except it being the exact same, but not the same just reminds me of the accident a bit. I know thats slightly mental as its just a car, but thats me.

i think i'd be the same way

glad you're alright.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Did they resolve the head gasket issues?

Surprised you got another RS honestly.

+1 For the white this time around.

Head Gasket issues were due to Ford putting the Mustang 2.3L gasket onto the RS engine.

The RS head and block aren't super different, however they have different coolant passages between the cylinder bores. The Mustang gasket trapped coolant between the Siamese bore ridges, the hottest places on the head. The coolant turned to steam, which made things hotter, and eventually warped the head and decks permanently.

So, the trick is to physically check for the correct gasket, which as a small brass rivet that can be felt externally on the engine without any disassembly.

The rivet is located in the upper left of this image. And when installed on the car is the drivers side front of the engine where the head and block meet.
Focus-RS-Head-Gasket.jpg

So, I'm not really worried about the head warping gasket issue. I'm fairly confident in the fix. And this car came with the correct gasket from the get go anyways as far as I know. I didn't see a Field Service Action in Ford ETIS for it. So it shipped with the correct one.

Thread Info