Lets talk truck ramps

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I think my best option is to get my car running so I can take it off the lift without having to worry about how to get it back on. Then I can put the ATV on the lift, raise it to the height of the truck bed, back truck up to lift drive it in. Then when I get to my destination I can just YEET that motherfucker right off the truck. Problem solved, no money spent!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Oh I like that. For my bikes I set them about 18-24" apart, start the bike and throttle/feather the clutch and walk them up the opposite ramp into the sport chock (see below) This is a much better solution, especially when having to back the bike down the ramp.

This is probably the best $200 I have spent on tools/accessories for the bikes (aside from riding gear).

Reactions: 1MEANGT

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Oh I like that. For my bikes I set them about 18-24" apart, start the bike and throttle/feather the clutch and walk them up the opposite ramp into the sport chock (see below) This is a much better solution, especially when having to back the bike down the ramp.

This is probably the best $200 I have spent on tools/accessories for the bikes (aside from riding gear).
Nice! I am not sure I have seen one that isn't bolted down which of course isnt ideal in a truck bed. I don't think my bike will fit in the bed, but that is a good option for whatever trailer(s) I get. I need something for the car eventually, but will probably still get something smaller that we can pull with the wife's car that can handle the mower, atv, or bike easy.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think my best option is to get my car running so I can take it off the lift without having to worry about how to get it back on. Then I can put the ATV on the lift, raise it to the height of the truck bed, back truck up to lift drive it in. Then when I get to my destination I can just YEET that motherfucker right off the truck. Problem solved, no money spent!
Except you'll need to get it back into the truck to bring it home.... :unsure:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nice! I am not sure I have seen one that isn't bolted down which of course isnt ideal in a truck bed. I don't think my bike will fit in the bed, but that is a good option for whatever trailer(s) I get. I need something for the car eventually, but will probably still get something smaller that we can pull with the wife's car that can handle the mower, atv, or bike easy.
I absolutely love this thing. With my track bike the tailgate "almost" closes, need another 2" and it would close. With the cruiser the rear wheel sits on the tailgate, so I'll usually slide a cut 2x10 down the length of the bed for the cruiser's wheels to sit on. That way the tailgate cables aren't taking all the rear weight.

It comes in extremely handy when doing maintenance. It's solid and heavy, with rubberized caps on the arms so it doesn't slide. Just roll the bike in, flip the latch so it can't rock back out, and you're golden. If you have concerns, you can strap the front wheel to the chock. Can also slap a lock on the latch so if you leave the bike in the back of the truck it makes it damn hard to roll backwards out of the chock. However I also use a 10' cable that runs through the wheels and frame that locks to the factory tie down points. It also has two positions for the front cradle for different wheel sizes so it nestles in correctly.

If I needed to I'd buy another one without hesitation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info