Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you get it, curious. I need something for my .243

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hell whatever you get. With my AR-10 being .243 I'm thinking 4-14 is where I want to be, but am not really sure on that. 35mm tube should be fucking wicked though. The other thing I'd be curious about is if you can get it would 1/8 MOA make a difference. For guys shooting at 1Kish I think it would but I'm not sure about what ranges you'd get in this area without going west.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
I like Vortex myself, but i can't lie, i do have a hard time giving them business since their shit is made overseas, China/Japan/Philippians... I do have a couple of their optics though and never had a problem. I just prefer to buy American when i can.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
They are a American company with a bar-non warranty. So fuck it!

RAPER

Reaction score
you cant go wrong with vortex or atibal. both companies are very similar quality. they are all assembled here in the US and have lifetime warranty's . Yes their glass comes from china but that is what you will get for anything in that price range or higher untill you start to spend big $$$.

I shoot in over 10 3gun matches every year at least 1 optic from vortex on something I'm shooting that day and i will see on average probally half the other competitors also shooting vortex optics. They just plain work and are durable. We are very very hard on equipment and we need our stuff to work without fault. Cant go wrong with them

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
What's your budget? What options are important for your?

From someone who has bought a bunch of scopes and ended up selling them for what he really wanted, I'll give you some pointers.

The two biggest things are MOA Vs MIL adjustments and Front focal plane vs Second focal plane.

You'll need to read up on those. You may think you want MOA turrets and Second focal plane, but you don't and you'll regret it.

You want MIL and First focal plane. Everyone is moving to MIL/MIL and First focal plane.

Also, you should get the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 MIL/MIL FFP. It's a great value for the money. I have 2 of them.

I'm an optics whore. I just picked up a Used Leupold MK8 3.5-25 with H59. I'm loving it.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Scope finally showed up. God damn is she a thing of beauty. Now since I have the scope I can order my rings. Tomorrow I'll be ordering my rings and muzzle brake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom