lets talk pressure washers

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've been thinking about buying a heated one. They always have new units that sell at the auctions I go to, can usually snag one for a decent price.

1.jpg

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
is that dude straight up in Jamaica? I can see what looks to be like the Caribbean in the background, also keeps saying Devolt, so maybe some german background replacing the W's with V's.

anyways mines out for delivery, SxS has been filthy for many weeks!

Prob the worse thing about owning a SxS....Cleaning is horrible..Takes me a few hours to get it looking tits again. :gayy:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Does anyone have an extension wand for theirs and use it to clear gutters?

Any luck doing so? I'm tempted to drop the $120 on a nice extension wand and the gutter adapter over braving a 20 foot ladder.

I have one of these from Northern Tool;
General Pump Telescoping Pressure Washer Wand — 4,000 PSI, 6ft. to 24ft. Length, Fiberglass/Aluminum, Model# DLTG24 | Pressure Washer Telescoping Wands| Northern Tool + Equipment

If the link doesn't work, here is a picture;
22824_700x700.jpg

It works AWESOME... Except when fully (or near fully extended), when you hit the pressure, it flops around like a tree limb in a heavy wind as you try to fight it. They do recommend a belt worn pouch to anchor it against you, I did not get this. But doing this, fighting the thing, your arms DO get tired after a few minutes. So then you gotta stop, let the blood flow back, then re-attack.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have one of these from Northern Tool;
General Pump Telescoping Pressure Washer Wand — 4,000 PSI, 6ft. to 24ft. Length, Fiberglass/Aluminum, Model# DLTG24 | Pressure Washer Telescoping Wands| Northern Tool + Equipment

If the link doesn't work, here is a picture;
22824_700x700.jpg

It works AWESOME... Except when fully (or near fully extended), when you hit the pressure, it flops around like a tree limb in a heavy wind as you try to fight it. They do recommend a belt worn pouch to anchor it against you, I did not get this. But doing this, fighting the thing, your arms DO get tired after a few minutes. So then you gotta stop, let the blood flow back, then re-attack.

Thank You! Just ordered it along with one of those 'hook' head gutter cleaner attachments so I can just 'plop' the head of it into the gutters so it makes the wand thrashing about more manageable.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
From the crappiest to the best...

Electric.

Small gas engine, cold water machines.

Small gas engine, hot water machines.

Large engine, hot water machines (usually commercial).

Price is a main factor in determining what to get. I'd love to have a hot water machine for my home but I'm not going to spend a couple grand. Anything under around $250 is probably junk.

Some machines have nicer features. Unloaders that relieve pressure so you don't have to restart the machine each time you stop spraying. Quick disconnects that make life much easier. Brass and stainless steel fittings. Better hoses. Etc.

IMO, look at the features and quality of components when choosing a machine.

If you need parts, www.dultmeier.com has almost everything. I bought from them when I ran my pw business.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
From the crappiest to the best...

Electric.

Small gas engine, cold water machines.

Small gas engine, hot water machines.

Large engine, hot water machines (usually commercial).

Price is a main factor in determining what to get. I'd love to have a hot water machine for my home but I'm not going to spend a couple grand. Anything under around $250 is probably junk.

Some machines have nicer features. Unloaders that relieve pressure so you don't have to restart the machine each time you stop spraying. Quick disconnects that make life much easier. Brass and stainless steel fittings. Better hoses. Etc.

IMO, look at the features and quality of components when choosing a machine.

If you need parts, www.dultmeier.com has almost everything. I bought from them when I ran my pw business.

Thing is though, most "homeowners" and general use type of consumer, doesn't need anything more than small gas engine, cold water. Yea, I'd love to have a commercial grade, diesel powered, hot water machine. But the 2, maybe three times a year I use it, for small things around the humble abode, it does exactly what I need it to and was affordable. I think most here are in the same boat.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I agree. I want a big, high volume, high-pressure bad boy. But don't want to have to store a large unit or want to deal with a gas engine. I ended up buying the Ryobi 1,600 psi 1.2 gallon unit below. I have owned it for about three weeks now. I have used this thing way more than I thought I would. For general use it is great. It is compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space in my, already, over crowded garage.

Since I have owned it I have pressure washed the garage siding, garage doors, garage gutters, house gutters, porch, deck, lawn furniture, and fire pit. It had enough power to rip up the paint on the porch if I got the nozzle close enough. Which was the purpose since I had to get several layers of paint off it. Plus I purchased a foam cannon to was my vehicles. I have washed vehicles 6 times with it. For $120 it is a great little unit. I was surprised but it came recommended by a friend. So if a larger unit isn't in your plans, check this thing out.

https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/1600-psi-electric-pressure-washer

large_50d777de-66fc-44a8-a1b6-10b82b15174c.jpg

Vicentino

Feb 7, 2018
I just purchased the Karcher K2000 for a great price at my military store and am disappointed to see their better rated foam cannon is incompatible with this model. Even their upgraded hose and wand won"t work on the K2000. [MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION], what Foam cannon are you using with your Karcher? I don't do professional detailing so I would hate to spend a lot on a new hose, connections and cannon. Yet I haven't found a well rated, good value and compatible foam cannon yet.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info