Lets talk poverty mowers

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
Move over toolboxes, we’re talking mowers! Does harbor freight carry mowers?!?

I don’t know how big our yard is, but this will be a push mower purchase. We are deciding on picking up a cheaper used mower or getting a cheapish new one. New looking to spend $2-300. At that price point are they all crap? Are there brands I should stay away from? Would like to find one that mulches.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Had a cheap mower when I first got my house. two years later I sprung for the Honda HRX217 and it's night and day above any other push mower Ive used. Three years ago I went to a John Deere rider and gave my Honda to the old man and the thing is still running like a top to this day.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
i've got this one.

Husqvarna HU725AWD Review - Pros, Cons and Verdict

it's awd so it 60's real nice like.

also when im mowing in the snow it never loses traction.

I was just in the market for a new poverty mower and was about to pickup one of these, or another Husqvarna awd model with a Honda engine. At Lowe’s, they were in the $500 range (they don’t have that model in the link anymore, iirc)

Almost pulled the trigger and found that Snapper has an awd Honda powered mower for less. Snapper is owned by Briggs and Stratton and from what I can tell, this model is actually built by Husqvarna, and sold as a snapper. The parts all look the same and the accessories like engine oil were Husqvarna branded stuff. I believe the snapper just has the 160cc engine in stead of the 190cc, and is this mower:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-HU800AWDH-190-cc-22-in-Self-propelled-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Honda-Engine/50329483

Makes sense for B&S to not want to make a Honda powered lawnmower themselves...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapper-22-in-Honda-GCV-160cc-All-Wheel-Drive-Lawnmower/710938063?

I’ve used it a couple times already and it’s so much better than my previous 190cc B&S (less power than the new 160cc Honda) and cuts/mulches/bags with ease. The awd is nice too, where I have some hilly area in my backyard.

Whatever you buy, I would suggest to go Honda engine and stay away from mtd products. Problem is they seem to own a lot of mower brands and also supply for other brands...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I'm 2 years into my 3 year loan on my zero turn... I have a feeling I'm going to upgrade to a full suspension unit though... Ugh

With the amount of land you have I would have thought you would get something like this:
2038r_cut_studio_r4a067609_large_564acbe94b75c6f7806270d1645cc3b6711bdc78.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was just in the market for a new poverty mower and was about to pickup one of these, or another Husqvarna awd model with a Honda engine. At Lowe’s, they were in the $500 range (they don’t have that model in the link anymore, iirc)

Almost pulled the trigger and found that Snapper has an awd Honda powered mower for less. Snapper is owned by Briggs and Stratton and from what I can tell, this model is actually built by Husqvarna, and sold as a snapper. The parts all look the same and the accessories like engine oil were Husqvarna branded stuff. I believe the snapper just has the 160cc engine in stead of the 190cc, and is this mower:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-HU...led-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Honda-Engine/50329483

Makes sense for B&S to not want to make a Honda powered lawnmower themselves...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapper-22-in-Honda-GCV-160cc-All-Wheel-Drive-Lawnmower/710938063?

I’ve used it a couple times already and it’s so much better than my previous 190cc B&S (less power than the new 160cc Honda) and cuts/mulches/bags with ease. The awd is nice too, where I have some hilly area in my backyard.

Whatever you buy, I would suggest to go Honda engine and stay away from mtd products. Problem is they seem to own a lot of mower brands and also supply for other brands...

Mine was WAY less than $500...

had to look...

qt7mWvx.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info