Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Mine was WAY less than $500...

had to look...

qt7mWvx.png

I just realized the one you posted is with a Briggs and Stratton. The Husqvarna’s with Hondas are more.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
:werd: SS.

nothing in my rabbit pasture that'd warrant really anything too heavy duty.

and it was likely half or less than half of what your MX set you back...

oh no doubt. I couldnt do a stamped steel pedestrian deck. id blow a tree limb right through it.

also I needed every inch available. 50 is even too small for my yard, but it cut me down from 6.5 hours with a 42 in craftsman rider down to just under 3 hours for cutting time.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
If you don't need more than a 60-90 minute run time, consider a B&D battery powered mower.

I have a first gen B&D CMM1000 with a 24v battery and a 5HP motor. I picked it up used for $80 at Home Depot. Someone traded it in and it was obvious it was never taken care of properly. After cleaning off about 3 lbs of bird shit, sharpening the blade and replacing the battery, it ran perfect. I've had it for 25 years now and it still runs perfectly and I've only replaced the battery one other time.

The key to a long battery life on these things is to NOT leave it out in the garage in winter for it to freeze. I take mine out in the fall and stick it in the fridge, then reinstall it in the spring. My current battery is about 15 years old and still holds a good charge.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Buy a Snapper, never worry about a mower ever again.

Fixored.

One of my Snapper's is now 23 years old and other than having to manually choke it to start it cold, it runs as strong as my now 5 year old Snapper.

I would then second recommend Ariens. Yes, Ariens makes mowers too. And the difference is, everything other than engine shrouds, is made of all steel. It's a heavy motherfucker but you could mulch a rock pile and it wouldn't bat an eyelash. Mine is now pushing ~15 years old.

Anyway, funny thing is, the OP is posting about PUSH mowers and all you are posting riders and ZTR's. :D

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They're decent. I have one of those too. It's at my Mother's up in Kenowhere, but I will be inheriting it again when we move her out to Maine as she won't need it there.

It's now about 8 years old and other than oil/tune-ups it's been 100% flawless.

My only complaint is that it's wrong wheel drive, but if you're not on a hilly terrain, you'll be fine.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
It's not that I can't drive it. It's that it's physically too big. :pedobear:

There's a bunch of nooks I can't get the deck into because either the tire is too large or the deck is too far forward of the rear wheels or too far backward of the front wheels. So I end up weed whacking the grass when I can just get a pusher and do it all nice and cleanly.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Now ya'll got me thinking about picking up a push mower so I can get all the places my gigantic rider can't access.

That's what I will be using the mower I'm inheriting back again, for. I'll use it as the "trim" mower at the WeGo house where I use the tractor. All that fine stuff, I've been using the weed whacker.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
It's not that I can't drive it. It's that it's physically too big. :pedobear:

There's a bunch of nooks I can't get the deck into because either the tire is too large or the deck is too far forward of the rear wheels or too far backward of the front wheels. So I end up weed whacking the grass when I can just get a pusher and do it all nice and cleanly.
time to reshape your landscaping to make it tractor friendly!! lmao

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info