Let's talk all terrain tires

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Currently running slightly over 33" Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on Rep Snowflake 22's on the Sierra. I love the Nittos. Although expensive. I still have my 22x12 Hostile Alpha's with 33x12.50x22 Toyo Open Country AT 2 Xtreme (I think, they are very knobby) that i had on the silverado and I definitely had no complaints with that setup. Not very loud and smooth ride. Undecided as to whether I will try to sell them or put them on the new truck some day. They only have a couple thousand miles on them, so are basically still new. Both the NIttos and the Toyos have been great.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Currently running slightly over 33" Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on Rep Snowflake 22's on the Sierra. I love the Nittos. Although expensive. I still have my 22x12 Hostile Alpha's with 33x12.50x22 Toyo Open Country AT 2 Xtreme (I think, they are very knobby) that i had on the silverado and I definitely had no complaints with that setup. Not very loud and smooth ride. Undecided as to whether I will try to sell them or put them on the new truck some day. They only have a couple thousand miles on them, so are basically still new. Both the NIttos and the Toyos have been great.

PICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCS

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I've got these on my f350. I have 50k miles on them, and will probably get another 10k before I replace them.

Lots of towing; heavy towing. A couple burnouts. But I'll be in the market for new soon as well, so I'm paying attention to this thread.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
PICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCS

Just a picture of it at work. I think it turned out good. I'll have to update my thread.

Sierra.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, just went and did some looking at my tires and their history:

They're rated for 60k miles are and 640 AB. New they have 12/32" (0.375") tread depth. They have 30k miles on them and average a tread depth of between 8/32" and 9/32" (~ 0.26") left, measured with an analog caliper at center line of tread.

So 30k miles and are only 1/3rd worn after 4 years. Not bad at all.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
i wanted those for the van but they were significantly heavier than the toyo at III's i got with no real upside.

If doozel, not entirely sure I care... plus after the most recent "recall" my truck is getting 20mpg on the avg. I can certainly give up a few MPGs for a set of quality tires... no?

Maybe I need to swing by for a beer and eyeball these tires of yours.... ?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If doozel, not entirely sure I care... plus after the most recent "recall" my truck is getting 20mpg on the avg. I can certainly give up a few MPGs for a set of quality tires... no?

Maybe I need to swing by for a beer and eyeball these tires of yours.... ?

shitchya

:bigthumb:
ill have bababy tonight

shoot we could even swing by you. (she and I)

Thread Info