giphy.gif

Reactions: DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My friend runs these on his 2008 Tahoe, which doesn't get much summer use, but is used frequently in the winter for going north and pulling a sled trailer. He loves them, I think they ride a little rough and are noisy:

I have these on my 07 NNBS Silverado and love them. On my second set now. They wear really well, and are much quieter than the shit Bridgestone Dueller's that came with it. I changed those for the Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2's and they were shit as well. Winter traction was total crap, even with 4WD. These Goodyears are the quietest tire I've had on the truck and their responsiveness is superb.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My friend runs these on his 2008 Tahoe, which doesn't get much summer use, but is used frequently in the winter for going north and pulling a sled trailer. He loves them, I think they ride a little rough and are noisy:

I have these on my 07 NNBS Silverado and love them. On my second set now. They wear really well, and are much quieter than the shit Bridgestone Dueller's that came with it. I changed those for the Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2's and they were shit as well. Winter traction was total crap, even with 4WD. These Goodyears are the quietest tire I've had on the truck and their responsiveness is superb.

i had those on my burb, got me through snowmageddon. love those atm's. i think i talk about them in this thread even.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If I was doing less surface streets and more off-road (I'd really like to take the truck on some mild unpaved scenic road - open to suggestions), I'd have gone with something more aggressive, like my friend did with his Tahoe. But since my truck sees a lot of highway use going back and forth to my dad's in KY I needed something with more of a compromise and the Goodyears, albeit expensive, really nailed it. I've hit hidden potholes and breaks in the pavement that would have destroyed a lesser tire.

With the original Bridgestone Dueller's I'd hear way more road noise than wind noise, because of the block pattern forming a squared edge with the side wall. The Revo 2's had a rounded shoulder but just sucked in anything but dry weather, and were maybe 50% as loud as the Dueller's. With the Goodyears I don't hear road noise at all at highway speeds unless it's an aggressive or coarse road surface.

Now, if only the truck had better sound insulation from the wind noise, but look at the size of the exposed green house, lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
are GTX's 3-peak rated?

didn't we decide 3-peak is nothing more than a marketing ploy?

edit:

nvm- m/s is .

and yes they are.

The Grabber A/TX is designed to blend rugged durability and on-road civility, in addition to providing light snow traction that meets the tire industry's severe snow service requirements and earns the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
didn't we decide 3-peak is nothing more than a marketing ploy?

and yes they are.

The Grabber A/TX is designed to blend rugged durability and on-road civility, in addition to providing light snow traction that meets the tire industry's severe snow service requirements and earns the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.

I don't remember, but I know some areas in Canada require it in the winter so ?‍♂️.

My 2nd set of KO2's are about done and I'm deciding if I want to slap another $1k+ in tires on for me to trade it in next spring. The ATX's are like $150 cheaper for the set it seems all while scoring higher in tireracks review. Win/Win it looks like.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I will preface with the fact that I have run AT tires from Nitto on the last four trucks. Only reason I went with the generals was because of decent reviews and the fact that the Grabbers came stock on my 2017 Titan Pro 4x. The stock tires were standard weight rated and since I tow I wanted the 10 ply the same thing with the last four trucks with the Nittos.
Good points, they stick like they are glued to the road, wet, dry makes no difference.
Bad, 2300 miles on them and they vibrate constantly, have raised the pressure, lowered the pressure and had them balanced twice (balance was right on both times), had the alignment done and it was dead nuts.
So figuring that the seller is online I attempted to contact general, all I can say is good look with that. It's a shame that I bought American instead of Japanese. $ 900.00 mistake. Will drive them until I can't take it anymore and than put my original choice on the truck. You would think that with all the shit going on that an American company would be more responsive but I guess they got there money.

amazon review lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i had a buddy with a set MOW through them on his F350... they worked well but i dont think he got more thank 30k out of them.
Yup, thats about what they are getting out of them. Have a buddy who just turned his Silverado lease in and has some Hostile 22x12 wheels with the Ridge Grapplers (33's) with 15k miles on them. Willing to give me a very good deal on them. -44 offset though, so I need to ask the suspension guy how much they would stick out with a 6" lift. My buddy just had a level and they stuck out a few inches, he said with a 6" lift they wouldnt look that bad poking out wise

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yup, thats about what they are getting out of them. Have a buddy who just turned his Silverado lease in and has some Hostile 22x12 wheels with the Ridge Grapplers (33's) with 15k miles on them. Willing to give me a very good deal on them. -44 offset though, so I need to ask the suspension guy how much they would stick out with a 6" lift. My buddy just had a level and they stuck out a few inches, he said with a 6" lift they wouldnt look that bad poking out wise

dude fuck that shit. that suuuucks.

buying em at a steal used though, fuck yeah. id be pissed at 30k needing to replace though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
dude fuck that shit. that suuuucks.

buying em at a steal used though, fuck yeah. id be pissed at 30k needing to replace though.
Definitely a steal especially considering I'm getting 6 rims ( 2 of them NIB) but still a steal even if only 4 rims. I do realize though if I buy them, I will be buying new tires probably next spring.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info