Let's talk all terrain tires

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Didn't even think of those. Will check them out.

20170922_165844_zpstpi9xwsw.jpg

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
It doesn't look like the Duratracs come in the size I am looking for. I don't really want to level the front of the truck or get any spacers.

If you tow at night dont level your truck. I had to drive with just the fog lights on because the headlights blinded everyone while towing.

Rigid fog lights are better then some headlights

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I had the same issue until I got Deavers +3 in the back. Then it sat nice and level with a loaded trailer and rode amazingly.

Mid perch with Deavers +3

mlm5DxH.jpg

How did the deavers preform on the road unloaded?

I rarely tow. But this truck's ass steps out when it hits expansion joints on curves at +75mph. I have heard deavers might help but I dont want a harsh ride unloaded.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

Fuuuuuck, that is a nice truck. I am not sure nitto makes the size I am looking for either. I will have to look into those

If you tow at night dont level your truck. I had to drive with just the fog lights on because the headlights blinded everyone while towing.

Rigid fog lights are better then some headlights

One of the cool features on this truck are the adjustable headlights from the cab. If I do tow something at night, then I can turn a little dial and bring them down to non blinding levels. The main reason I don't want to do a level is how squatty the rear end gets while towing anything, it looks really off to me. Plus, I don't want to spend any extra money right now.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
How did the deavers preform on the road unloaded?

I rarely tow. But this truck's ass steps out when it hits expansion joints on curves at +75mph. I have heard deavers might help but I dont want a harsh ride unloaded.

I loved them. I should have done them when I had 0 miles on the truck (the first one). Seriously, read the deavers threads on FRF, not one negative thing about them. If you feel the ass is too squishy, do deavers, yesterday.

If you never plan on towing, go with the +2. It'll remove the lift block but still sit at stock height and level at mid perch (do gen 2s have the perches?) with all the benefits of the deavers. They ride ever so slightly firmer but it's worth every penny.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I loved them. I should have done them when I had 0 miles on the truck (the first one). Seriously, read the deavers threads on FRF, not one negative thing about them. If you feel the ass is too squishy, do deavers, yesterday.

If you never plan on towing, go with the +2. It'll remove the lift block but still sit at stock height and level at mid perch (do gen 2s have the perches?) with all the benefits of the deavers. They ride ever so slightly firmer but it's worth every penny.

Gen 2 dont have perches. They have collars or some replacement springs came out not to long ago. I have 3" collars and the truck sits almost nose high. I looked at deavers but didnt know if I wanted +2 or +3.

I need to talk to the other guy on here with a gen 2. I think he has deavers and a new tune now. I almost want to ride in one before deciding.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I had the duratracs on my frontier. they lasted over 60k miles and would have gone longer if I did the alignment after the rack was replaced. I figured new tires were inbound, so I didn't bother.
I then put the toyo open country AT IIs on it. they were great.

I liked them so much, I put them on my new truck @ 6600 miles

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Even on the Raptor, at 5k tire rotation intervals (just did it every oil change because it was easy to remember), the KOs had almost perfect tread wear. The DuraTracs I had on for about 10k and same thing, almost perfect wear.

Lighter duty vehicles will definitely see long life out of any tires as long as the rotations stay constant.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
sup.

my at3's are sweet.

ive not felt any all terrain compare to dedicated snow tires though. ive had bfg at's on my jeep, hankook atm's on my burb, which i loved, and now cooper at3s on my poverty gasser, and dedicated snow tires on my rwd sierra were fucking awesome.

id love to have a set of snow tires for my truck though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info