Let's talk all terrain tires

Phalabala

Reaction score
I read a ton of reviews and ended up buying a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3 for my old truck. Only had them for about 18 months before I sold that truck but they were terrific.

I'm thinking of picking up a set for my Ram. I don't really like the look of the stock 22's and 285/45R22's. (which are basically 32's) I'd prefer more sidewall in an all-terrain tread pattern. I believe 33's just fit without changing anything, so I might look for 20" wheels and maybe 285/55R20 which is a 32.5 or 305/50R20 which would be a 33 and be nice and meaty.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I read a ton of reviews and ended up buying a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3 for my old truck. Only had them for about 18 months before I sold that truck but they were terrific.

I'm thinking of picking up a set for my Ram. I don't really like the look of the stock 22's and 285/45R22's. (which are basically 32's) I'd prefer more sidewall in an all-terrain tread pattern. I believe 33's just fit without changing anything, so I might look for 20" wheels and maybe 285/55R20 which is a 32.5 or 305/50R20 which would be a 33 and be nice and meaty.

My stock size is a p rated true 33" tire. Might be worth looking at.

Light weight. Low cost. 20" whwel Bigger tire.

Phalabala

Reaction score
My stock size is a p rated true 33" tire. Might be worth looking at.

Light weight. Low cost. 20" whwel Bigger tire.
cost isn't really an issue, I actually really liked the aforementioned revo 3s, they are available in a LT 305/50R20 and LT 285/55R20.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
cost isn't really an issue, I actually really liked the aforementioned revo 3s, they are available in a LT 305/50R20 and LT 285/55R20.

Why get an LT tire tho? My truck on its stock tires is nearly 18k gcwr. Why not save 20-40lbs per corner and get better mpg, be quicker and wear slower.

Phalabala

Reaction score
Why get an LT tire tho? My truck on its stock tires is nearly 18k gcwr. Why not save 20-40lbs per corner and get better mpg, be quicker and wear slower.
I'm not married to an LT rated tire obviously! I just want a good tire that would have a similar load rating to the stock tire.

No matter what I end up with if I move down to a 20" wheel it will be lighter than stock. 5th gen ram limited black editions actually have upgraded front knuckles to coat with the weight of the stock boat anchors. :)

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score

I had the Revo 2's on my truck and when they were brand new they were decent. But once they had only a few thousand miles on them, like between 5k and 10k they were worthless. They'd spin up in the rain like I was on ice, understeer like a bastard, and couldn't get them to bite in the snow.

It looks like they added more and deeper siping to help with cold/snow grip. The Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar that are on the truck now have done a great job all the way through their life. When this set wears out the exact same will be going back on, unless they have a new/improved version.

Edit, forgot to include that the truck is wearing its second set of those Goodyears.

Phalabala

Reaction score
I had the Revo 2's on my truck and when they were brand new they were decent. But once they had only a few thousand miles on them, like between 5k and 10k they were worthless. They'd spin up in the rain like I was on ice, understeer like a bastard, and couldn't get them to bite in the snow.

It looks like they added more and deeper siping to help with cold/snow grip. The Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar that are on the truck now have done a great job all the way through their life. When this set wears out the exact same will be going back on, unless they have a new/improved version.

Edit, forgot to include that the truck is wearing its second set of those Goodyears.
nice, I guess that is something to keep in mind. That being said, my old truck had 32k on it after 9 years so.... i don't need to drive much.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Wow, you could push your truck further than that in the same amount of time, lol.

My first set of the Goodyears had a lot of highway miles on them, about 60k before I replaced them. This second set is more balanced since I have a car for doing long road trips now. Further back in the thread I measured and averaged the remaining tread depth and their current mileage. They're pricey, but so far so good.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't care for bridgestone tires... At all.
New truck has them stock. Normally I would replace the shit OE rubber but these look decent for at least the first winter.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't care for bridgestone tires... At all.
New truck has them stock. Normally I would replace the shit OE rubber but these look decent for at least the first winter.

do we have the same tires?

whatever my truck has works well enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom